TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You misunderstand, or just don't want to.

I don't misunderstood at all. If there was no procedure for getting stranded bikes back safely it tells me what an amateur set up is. Human error can exist at all levels and not just in a spur of a moment.

I had the good grace to say that they were unlucky and many cases would have got away with it. 

It shouts to me how dangerous the whole thing is

Edited by Happier diner

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't misunderstood at all. If there was no procedure for getting stranded bikes back safely it tells me what an amateur set up is. Human error can exist at all levels and not just in a spur of a moment.

I had the good grace to say that they were unlucky and many cases would have got away with it. 

It shouts to me how dangerous the whole thing is

That's the mistake you are making, assuming that there was no tried and tested procedure, where did you dream that one up from, or are you just parodying Boris?

Yes, human error as you say, but not because the procedure wasn't there to be followed.

Edited by Max Power

Human error has to be allowed for in risk assessment, it is the main cause of accidents so you try and make any human error that will be made have a small as possible bad outcome.

The procedure should have been as it has now been changed to - Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are bike to travel the wrong way of the course.

I would imagine most people would have thought that was what was in place at the time. Its criminal that it wasn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

That's the mistake you are making, assuming that there was no tried and tested procedure, where did you dream that one up from, or are you just parodying Boris?

Yes, human error as you say, but not because the procedure wasn't there to be followed.

Max - even with your racing and post racing experience when have these particular against the natural flow of traffic been “tried and tested” written down yes but  tested in real life? 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Thanks 1

Why do you say lack of procedures? That indicates that there were no procedures to follow, and therein lies your error, see how easy it is to make one!

I was reading your post. 

So then, are there procedures for this eventuality or not. You are being unclear. I'm sorry if I misunderstand your post but it is very confusing.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

The procedure should have been as it has now been changed to - Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are bike to travel the wrong way of the course.

I would imagine most people would have thought that was what was in place at the time. Its criminal that it wasn't.

I stand to be corrected but I understand that riders returned to the grandstand the "wrong way" after the incident involving DJ without a problem.

All I know is that I  ( as a marshal)  would not instruct a  rider to leave once stopped  unless specifically OK'd by race control . 

That said I remember an occasion when a rider stopped and was 'unable to rejoin' ( lack of fuel), confirmed with race control,  but then decided to try , managed about 100 yds and parked up on the verge ( didn't have the nerve to return ) race control advised , hope he got a ban . 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Max - even with your racing and post racing experience when have these particular against the natural flow of traffic been “tried and tested” written down yes but  tested in real life? 

I'd have said this had occurred at least five or six times, maybe more, with no issue, particularly over the past ten years or so leading up to the incident. Prior to this it was very rare to stop a race or practice session and it was introduced as it became more common to do so.

Edited by Max Power