TT 2022 ??

Barlow

12 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I think that comment was an outrageous attempt to make people turn purple in annoyance. Thankfully no-one saw fit to rise to the bait.

Decapitation is quite common in the TT, far more than people realise.

It is described as a "serious head injury" in the coroners report

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

Is there any infomation on the border entry requirements for TT ? 

How are we going to police the port entry for bikers? Same as we have today or treat everyone as CTA passengers? 

They don’t know what the arrangements will be next week, let alone in 21 weeks. Given the move in UK to LFT testing on arrival, rather than PCR, will IoM follow suit?

Important to me as there have been 3 changes since I booked my trip and started travelling.

17 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

Is there any infomation on the border entry requirements for TT ? 

How are we going to police the port entry for bikers? Same as we have today or treat everyone as CTA passengers? 

I think at this point in time, there's no way they can say much about what the entry requirements will be in late May. Things change too quickly where covid is concerned.

On one hand, the pandemic may be on the decline with fewer cases world-wide and with much less severity. (fingers crossed!) In this scenario we may not need any, or very few, testing requirements.

On the other hand, the world may be in the grips of a more transmissible and deadly variant. We may need to be very careful about entry requirements, if indeed the TT would even go ahead under this scenario.

Or we may be somewhere in between those two extremes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Decapitation is not a  rumour I remember a very famous rider lost his head at the bottom of Bray hill a long time ago, subsequently the bump in the road got smoothed out .   

Quite. A tragic, horrific day. Also the accident a few years back on Sulby Straight resulted in a similar outcome.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Decapitation is not a  rumour I remember a very famous rider lost his head at the bottom of Bray hill a long time ago, subsequently the bump in the road got smoothed out .   

Calling it "common" is definitely a rumour. Internal decapitation might be "common", but decaptiation is not.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Calling it "common" is definitely a rumour. Internal decapitation might be "common", but decaptiation is not.

Define “common”. I’ve known of 3 or 4 in my time here. I’d suggest that outside of Islamic State activities, TT is possibly the commonest cause of decapitation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1