TT 2022 ??

Barlow

19 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Do they train riders as well as Marshalls ?    I thought all entrants had to have a pedigree of sorts like competed in MGP or other road races I did not know any Tom, Dick or Harry could come over go around the course a few times and sign up to race.

Quite a few riders come over and spend a few days checking out the course. Just sighting laps and getting to know where to aim for at particular points. 

58 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Do they train riders as well as Marshalls ?    I thought all entrants had to have a pedigree of sorts like competed in MGP or other road races I did not know any Tom, Dick or Harry could come over go around the course a few times and sign up to race.

MGP and TT riders have to attend a three day familiarisation training course covering the circuit, scrutineering requirements, pit procedures, flags etc etc. 

All riders have to have reached a high standard in racing before even being allowed to attend, let alone race.

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

MGP and TT riders have to attend a three day familiarisation training course covering the circuit, scrutineering requirements, pit procedures, flags etc etc. 

All riders have to have reached a high standard in racing before even being allowed to attend, let alone race.

So in the real world what you are saying is.....................

New riders come over before the races and ride round the "course" which is mostly a, no more than B ROAD  UK equivalent road- at speed

During that "Learning" process it is not uncommon for these  "limited intelligence, IOM government prize money chasing Competitors"* to ride to the islands road rules, I.E no limit on lots of the island roads that form part of this "racing circuit""..

P.S. , don't even go there with these high standard/ experienced "skilled" riders with an International license and that sh1t.

You well know that riders licenses do the rounds on their own to get a signature to make a TT ride OK.

* There are no Nobel prize winning types riding for money on our death race 🙂

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Confused 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:28 PM, hissingsid said:

I expect the tourism lot have got to by punchy and sound confident but behind the scenes it will be a hope for the best strategy.   Unfortunately with a mammoth event like this forward planning is key, very difficult for all concerned.   If  I owned a fancy goods shop that sold sweatshirts I would be ordering them without the date on that is for sure.

This is exactly what is happening. Cut back on numbers and range due to stocks from previous years and uncertainty but luckily most not dated. There will be still be enough dated items I believe though. Its quite a issue that spectators can buy a garment dated as a memento etc.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

So in the real world what you are saying is.....................

New riders come over before the races and ride round the "course" which is mostly a, no more than B ROAD  UK equivalent road- at speed

During that "Learning" process it is not uncommon for these  "limited intelligence, IOM government prize money chasing Competitors"* to ride to the islands road rules, I.E no limit on lots of the island roads that form part of this "racing circuit""..

P.S. , don't even go there with these high standard/ experienced "skilled" riders with an International license and that sh1t.

You well know that riders licenses do the rounds on their own to get a signature to make a TT ride OK.

* There are no Nobel prize winning types riding for money on our death race 🙂

There's nothing happening like you say, you are completely out of touch as you so ably demonstrate. It's impossible to fiddle your licence and racing capabilities these days, organisers have access to all of your results, no matter where in the world you come from. 

Riders are driven around the course by a qualified instructor at normal road speeds, in fact quite slowly. Not many choose to ride a bike on their own to learn the course, you can't get much of an idea about racing by riding on open roads. It's mainly about remembering landmarks, turn in points and apexes etc. Some come over and drive around the course, have you had a problem with that?

You can try to denigrate riders as of limited intelligence, you obviously don't know any. I'm sure that you would be seen off by most in a battle of wits! There's no Nobel laureates on here but you still seem outclassed!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Allinson on the NPM this morning, giving it large, everything in the garden is rosy. The hoteliers are expecting bumper bookings, people are looking at the island as an alternative destination. I think the good doctor has a severe dose of Skellyitis, a variant of bullshititis, but more infectious. Symptoms include ability to distort and manipulation of figures, telling gullible people what they want to hear and keeping a straight face at the same time. This disease originated in the Department of Enterprise before spreading throughout the IOMG, but has laid low, until subsequently re-emerging. 

On a serious note, I think that this a prelude to an intense burst of serious money wastage - grandiose schemes like the deep water cruise berth will get another airing. Ramsey Marina and Ramsey Bay schemes whilst they are private schemes, IOMG will railroad and push authorities into giving the developers what they want for as little as possible. I can even see Laurence’s wish for a new TT grandstand plans get an airing. 

Incidentally many people I talk too, think the TT won’t go ahead due to Covid and the knock on effects. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Allinson on the NPM this morning, giving it large, everything in the garden is rosy. The hoteliers are expecting bumper bookings, people are looking at the island as an alternative destination. I think the good doctor has a severe dose of Skellyitis, a variant of bullshititis, but more infectious. Symptoms include ability to distort and manipulation of figures, telling gullible people what they want to hear and keeping a straight face at the same time. This disease originated in the Department of Enterprise before spreading throughout the IOMG, but has laid low, until subsequently re-emerging. 

On a serious note, I think that this a prelude to an intense burst of serious money wastage - grandiose schemes like the deep water cruise berth will get another airing. Ramsey Marina and Ramsey Bay schemes whilst they are private schemes, IOMG will railroad and push authorities into giving the developers what they want for as little as possible. I can even see Laurence’s wish for a new TT grandstand plans get an airing. 

Incidentally many people I talk too, think the TT won’t go ahead due to Covid and the knock on effects. 

It's always good to look on the bright side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3