TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

And where has a motorcycle race anywhere near as good as the TT?

Sustainable tourism? You don't get more sustainable than 100 plus years.

Good luck with your gravity tourism though - nowhere will be able to copy that.

Well we need something for when the TT fades away.

14 hours ago, James Blonde said:

Well we need something for when the TT fades away.

We already do. The trains, trams, waterwheels, castles and museums. Just because you don't like these attractions, doesn't mean they're not valuable. 

Ps, the TT will outlive you, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Eh? What camps?

The TT camp or the other tourism camp

Are you not lauding the benefits of the TT to tourism. A thing that basically stops ant other tourism dead for 2 week (3 weeks if you count the mobilisation week before when its almost impossible to get on the Ferry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Good luck with your gravity tourism though - nowhere will be able to copy that.

I thought we have the best gravity in the world?  I'm sure I saw this mentioned in a Visit Isle of Man brochure. 

But joking aside, whilst I am biased towards the adventure sports angle for the Isle, our strength is indeed that we have such a diversity of all these options here.  To be honest there are few places where you can literally be in the sea, forests, hills, historical stuff, or with pubs restaurants etc literally within 15mins in any direction. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

The TT camp or the other tourism camp

Are you not lauding the benefits of the TT to tourism. A thing that basically stops ant other tourism dead for 2 week (3 weeks if you count the mobilisation week before when its almost impossible to get on the Ferry

So you're suggesting the TT is bad for tourism because, for two weeks of the year,  it causes travel to and accommodation on the island to be so full of, well tourists, that other tourists find it difficult to get here?

Well I guess that has about as much logic as the majority of criticism the TT.

You can't really argue with that kind of bigotry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I thought we have the best gravity in the world?  I'm sure I saw this mentioned in a Visit Isle of Man brochure. 

But joking aside, whilst I am biased towards the adventure sports angle for the Isle, our strength is indeed that we have such a diversity of all these options here.  To be honest there are few places where you can literally be in the sea, forests, hills, historical stuff, or with pubs restaurants etc literally within 15mins in any direction. 

Completely agree, the place could have been made for it and it should be laboured much more than it is at present.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

We need to diversify. Close 50% of the MNH sites. SIngle the MER and put a cycle/footpath alongside (and ideally close it altogether past Laxey). 

Use the money saved to help develop new and innovative sustainable tourism attractions. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, James Blonde said:

Use the money saved to help develop new and innovative sustainable tourism attractions. 

And what exactly would these new and innovative sustainable tourism attractions be?  Or do you have an idea and are looking for Government funding for it because you know it won't work commercially?

• Haha 1