TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They used to do a tt course race during cycle week years ago, including radio coverage. It was exciting. Actually, the whole week was really very good. A few people complained about road closures so it had to go. 

I was going to mention that.  It was advertised on the TT scoreboards as well.

Wasn't it part of international cycling week or something similar? 

Edited by manxman1980
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I think the test is when you travel the world and speak to someone about the Isle of Man what do they generally know about it?  Manx Cats and the TT are probably the most common positive reply.  Tax Haven is probably the most common negative association. 

Except that's bollocks. 

Most people have never heard of the Isle of Man or the TT. 

"The Isle of what?" Is the most common response. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Seriously?  Name some!  All I am asking you to do is put forward something more specific than "gravity sports" that would be a real attraction to for people both coming to and living on the Island.  It should not be hard...

There's loads, zip wires, gravity racing, paragliding, down hill mountain biking, parkour, rafting, zorbing. 

18 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They used to do a tt course race during cycle week years ago, including radio coverage. It was exciting. Actually, the whole week was really very good. A few people complained about road closures so it had to go. 

It was great, I remember it well.

I wonder if the people who complained about the road closures are any happier now? I suspect not.

Could Onchan Park ever be made into a) Velodrome or b) Speedway track? There is endless talk about cycling both Road cycling and also lots cycle on velodromes ………… just a suggestion.

Another thought would be Speedway on the island. Rugby and Football seem to bring teams over seemlesly, if there was a track, perhaps teams would come over to the island, would benefit the Racket and provide lots of bed nights. We may even get tv coverage from BT sport. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Could Onchan Park ever be made into a) Velodrome or b) Speedway track? There is endless talk about cycling both Road cycling and also lots cycle on velodromes ………… just a suggestion.

Another thought would be Speedway on the island. Rugby and Football seem to bring teams over seemlesly, if there was a track, perhaps teams would come over to the island, would benefit the Racket and provide lots of bed nights. We may even get tv coverage from BT sport. 

That's the sort of thinking we need! 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

I think Onchan park used to be a velodrome but died presumably due to lack of interest?

16 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

There's loads, zip wires, gravity racing, paragliding, down hill mountain biking, parkour, rafting, zorbing. 

I refer you back to previous comments where all of the above can be done on the adjacent islands.  Nothing unique about doing them on the Island.

Where exactly are you going to go rafting on the Island by the way?  Down the Dhoo or the Glas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

I didn't see you promoting gravity sports.

I'm not. I think when deciding on an attraction that will be unique enough for tourists to stand the considerable cost of getting here, considering something as ubiquitous to not only the world but the entire universe is about as stupid as most of the other bollocks you spout on here.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I'm not. I think when deciding on an attraction that will be unique enough for tourists to stand the considerable cost of getting here, considering something as ubiquitous to not only the world but the entire universe is about as stupid as most of the other bollocks you spout on here.

Well as you're the resident expert of spouting bollocks that really must be something. 

You fail to understand that there's a whole world of potential tourists out there that don't wear anoraks, aren't exclusively aged over 65, don't just eat stale sandwiches and don't come by the coach load. 

Open your eyes.