TT 2022 ??

Barlow

8 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I refer you back to previous comments where all of the above can be done on the adjacent islands.  Nothing unique about doing them on the Island.

Where exactly are you going to go rafting on the Island by the way?  Down the Dhoo or the Glas?

You can do all the old antiquated crap that you're so fond of in adjacent islands too! 

We need to invest in the future, the old people who come for the old crap are dying out as the years go by. 

We need a younger age of tourists who look for active things to do. Not everyone wants to visit the stuffy old Peel Museum. 

3 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Well as you're the resident expert of spouting bollocks that really must be something. 

You fail to understand that there's a whole world of potential tourists out there that don't wear anoraks, aren't exclusively aged over 65, don't just eat stale sandwiches and don't come by the coach load. 

Open your eyes. 

Perhaps if you opened your eyes in the first week in June you'd see them yourself.

Just now, James Blonde said:

You can do all the old antiquated crap that you're so fond of in adjacent islands too! 

We need to invest in the future, the old people who come for the old crap are dying out as the years go by. 

We need a younger age of tourists who look for active things to do. Not everyone wants to visit the stuffy old Peel Museum. 

People are still getting old and coming up behind those that are dying off. 

I do agree that we need to appeal to a much younger audience. Perhaps more organised youth adventure holidays, on a grander scale than the Venture Centre, who do a good job. Give kids a good time and they get a sense of attachment to the place as they grow older. This could lead into more vibrant entertainment to satisfy those in their 20s and 30s?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I'm funny?  Try taking a look in the mirror especially if your profile picture is a selfie! 

Bit strange to bring a person's appearance into a discussion about tourism.... but never mind. 

That's your boy Francis Bourgeois. Icon of 2022. He's UK's leading trainspotter. I would have thought you and him would be on first name terms?

34 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Except that's bollocks. 

Most people have never heard of the Isle of Man or the TT. 

"The Isle of what?" Is the most common response. 

3 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

So according to you no one has heard of the Isle of Man yet somehow having some gravity sports to replace the "antiquated crap" is going to really put the Island on the map?  

As for the House of Mannanan (presumably the Peel Museum you refer too) then that is a pile of crap.  It has suffered hugely from a lack of investment and maintenance.

In fact I would close it and replace it with.. a bloody railway station and link it with Douglas!  Create a proper commuter line and alleviate the traffic along Peel Road. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

As for the House of Mannanan (presumably the Peel Museum you refer too) then that is a pile of crap.  It has suffered hugely from a lack of investment and maintenance.

So your answer to fixing the problem of MNH hemorrhaging tax payer's cash is to spend even more money? 

You are Ian Longworth and I claim my £50k consultancy fee. 

7 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

So your answer to fixing the problem of MNH hemorrhaging tax payer's cash is to spend even more money? 

You are Ian Longworth and I claim my £50k consultancy fee. 

Places such as the House of Mannanan require regular maintenance and refreshes.  It is a simple reality of that type of "interactive" museum. 

Not much has changed in there since it opened and the visitor numbers drop as a result. 

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Indeed. Our first foray into gravity sports has gone well hasn't it.

£14 million wasn't it? Center Parcs must be shitting themselves, perhaps Isaac Blonde is onto something after all!

Could we combine the flumes with the TT to add that extra challenge?  

• Like 1

Just now, manxman1980 said:

Places such as the House of Mannanan require regular maintenance and refreshes.  It is a simple reality of that type of "interactive" museum. 

Not much has changed in there since it opened and the visitor numbers drop as a result. 

Google sunk cost fallacy. What you're describing there is a perfect example. 

• Confused 1