TT 2022 ??

Barlow

44 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Being in the army is. And every war the British have been involved in over the last 70 years has been entirely optional.

Well its one way of looking at it. What if you said the last 115 years instead of the last 70 though. That would kind of scupper you silly argument.

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well its one way of looking at it. What if you said the last 115 years instead of the last 70 though. That would kind of scupper you silly argument.

How many have died in pointless wars in the last 70 though? Adds perspective don't you think?

And we've been paying £3million a year into the war budget.

9 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

How many have died in pointless wars in the last 70 though? Adds perspective don't you think?

And we've been paying £3million a year into the war budget.

i made the error of saying combat in my original post,  but there have been deaths in training which doesn't need a war to be happening.

5 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Being in the army is. And every war the British have been involved in over the last 70 years has been entirely optional.

Not quite as conscription (national service) didn't end till 1961 and conscripts were involved in Korea, Malaya Suez and so on.  So 61 years would be nearer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I meant the wars were optional, not the service.

Silly person. You think concentration camps and persecution of Jews, invading other countries is ok then.

I lost 1 grandfather in WW2. I never met him. My other grandfather was affected all the rest of his life. 

Your comments are very very poor.