TT 2022 ??

Barlow

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

To be fair to the foolandhismoney it was WTF that started.

Maybe we should just stop comparing TT with war then we wont fall out about it.👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

what can we compare it with that suits your agenda then ??  and as i implied later on, it doesn't need to be compared with 'war' , just being in the military .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Yeah mountaineering is a good analogy. Deaths are pretty commonplace on the 8000m+ peaks. Lots of bodies still up there.

Ill go for that. No problem. I once when to a Chris Bonnington lecture. It was fascinating. In his era 1 in 7 people who attempted Everest and got beyond a certain point...died.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Ill go for that. No problem. I once when to a Chris Bonnington lecture. It was fascinating. In his era 1 in 7 people who attempted Everest and got beyond a certain point...died.

Amazing guy. He tell you about the chapati incident?

After all his dangerous exploits, he slipped a disc on Nanga Parbat after sneezing on a flour covered chapati. Had to wait 10 days for helo evac 🤣

Edited by The Phantom

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Amazing guy. He tell you about the chapati incident?

After all his dangerous exploits, he slipped a disc on Nanga Parbat after sneezing on a flour covered chapati. Had to wait 10 days for helo evac 🤣

i'm going be that guy, it was Alan Hinke's who slipped his disc sneezing on flour.

I like the bit where RC says it and the TT "could" sustain up to 815 jobs.

Either it does or it doesn't, "coulds, mights, shoulds and hopefullys" are all DfE-speak for wishful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Twitch said:

Strange that no other local media reporting the story this morning

https://gef.im/2022/01/17/its-the-mgp-but-not-as-you-know-it/

Expect a similar announcement concerning the S100 too as well. The real story here is that the ACU Events have taken the entire running of all road racing on the island off the MMCC and S100 club.

Meaning Gary Thompson and a host of off island paid officials will now get a 5-6 weeks over here overseeing the running of what have been very successfull events staffed entirely by volunteers. 

The change to format that has been forced onto the MMCC makes the event incredible susceptible to weather delays 4 practice sessions to do 5 laps on the surface sounds fine but 1 lost session due to weather and breakdown could severely limit the chances of qualifying safely and gaining enough experience on the course for newcomers to safely race.

• Like 1