TT 2022 ??

Barlow

• The original time scale was three months that was when they were going to close it last August so if they are waiting until April to start it will be interesting perhaps they could work on non race days 🤣  and we all know how good the DOI are at completing on schedule.   It will probably be ok for the shortened version of the Manx Grand Prix …..hopefully 🙄.

6 hours ago, Omobono said:

II would be baying for Robs blood ,

I doubt  weather the Steam packed has the ability 

just what is happening to road racing on the isle of man ? 

Whooooa! What has poor old Rob C done to invoke this bloodletting? Apart from just being a politician. He has long shown support for this Bloodsport. If he has condoned these changes, it must be because he believes it is in the best interests of continuing the Death and Misery? Especially if the Treasury say it is worth 5mil a year!!!

The Steam Packed can hardly be held responsible for the weather?

Perhaps some are beginning to see the end of this aspect of the Motorcycle racing calender and are conditioning us for that end???

• Like 1

Leave the roads as they are, put a limit on the motor power!

If yopu are sitting on a damp hedge watching a bike go past every 5 mins, it doesn't matter if it is doing 60,70, or 80, it is still boring!!!

If it is outright speed you seek, the TV coverage will give you a better thrill for your TV license than sitting on the hedge?

With online racing, AI or whatever, perhaps that is the way to seek your thrills? Too safe? Save lives.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

What a shambles, the TT has become what it has because government have destroyed it , with each and every minister given tourism dept. There is actually more and more people attending the Manx now than in previous years before covid. They have lost regular tourists in TT for the simple fact it’s costing more and more and the entertainment is the same year after year and they are going else where. Rob Callister what a waste of space he is. 

I hear the TT marshals association  LTD     are calling an extra ordinary meeting , to wind up the company , and bring forward  a new  body , anyone know what thats all about or are they to become  totally  funded by government ,and fall under the  auspices of the motor sport division , it looks like there will be a significant cost  as well ,

RC has apparently been advising local motorcycle clubs and bodies that if they wish to consider organising events now they should look to Autumn and Winter for staging as the summer months are now too busy....

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 2112 said:

What you said doesn’t surprise me. Remember the mess DfE made of the Jurby Day. If anything is successful, IOMG wants to take control, create rules and red tape then takeover the event, as it’s own. Let’s face it, nobody has created an event to replace Jurby Day, the main motorcycle groups can’t be bothered.

Jurby Day was organised and run by the local branch of the Vintage Motorcycle Club , your comments are pretty much spot on .

However I understand that the VMCC local branch had a recent meeting with Rob Callister as they were keen to put on something similar to Jurby Day at the MGP or the Southern 100 . Rob was not interested and thought that what the Gov was providing was enough .

You were perhaps being kind to the man whose only triumph (apart from declaring how he was hard at work in the VIP tent meeting and greeting corporate clients(?)  )  was  the destruction of the iconic (IMO) TT/MGP scoreboard.

He is, IMO ,  to the TT/MGP / motorcycle racing fraternity what Herod was to child care .

It struck me at the time that he was behaving like a spoilt brat who , determined to get a new toy trashed the current one believing that "mum" (IOM Gov) would be forced to buy him a new one.

Rob has been unable, to date,  to establish the cost of his 'Media Awareness Training'   

I have just received an email from the TTMA giving notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting to Wind up the TTMA and appointing a liquidator  on the 9th Feb , however the venue for the meeting has NOT been given .

Just saying :flowers:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I hear the TT marshals association  LTD     are calling an extra ordinary meeting , to wind up the company , and bring forward  a new  body , anyone know what thats all about or are they to become  totally  funded by government ,and fall under the  auspices of the motor sport division , it looks like there will be a significant cost  as well ,

That's what it looks like to me , it all seems to be happening with indecent haste ( bit like the scoreboard) would be nice to let us know the venue for the EGM . 

Regarding the changes for the MGP, I know a guy that was going to be coming over to do his first race (been his dream for years and he races in the States).  It seems they have now cancelled the Newcomers race and some other changes to the classes, but it now means that where he could have done 3 races, he is now just down to one. 

3 hours ago, paswt said:

That's what it looks like to me , it all seems to be happening with indecent haste ( bit like the scoreboard) would be nice to let us know the venue for the EGM . 

Removing the independant aspect of the TTMA and making it a machine of DfE / ACU Events would be very helpful if they want to keep the marshals on side whilst winding up the MGP in the coming years. (This is where they failed last time).

Their approach is clear, take the volunteers out of the equation and spend money instead. Gives them total control over the events and their future. Expect smaller grids at the S100 too and pretty much the end of 'back of a van' grass roots road racing on the island.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, paswt said:

Jurby Day was organised and run by the local branch of the Vintage Motorcycle Club , your comments are pretty much spot on .

However I understand that the VMCC local branch had a recent meeting with Rob Callister as they were keen to put on something similar to Jurby Day at the MGP or the Southern 100 . Rob was not interested and thought that what the Gov was providing was enough .

You were perhaps being kind to the man whose only triumph (apart from declaring how he was hard at work in the VIP tent meeting and greeting corporate clients(?)  )  was  the destruction of the iconic (IMO) TT/MGP scoreboard.

He is, IMO ,  to the TT/MGP / motorcycle racing fraternity what Herod was to child care .

It struck me at the time that he was behaving like a spoilt brat who , determined to get a new toy trashed the current one believing that "mum" (IOM Gov) would be forced to buy him a new one.

Rob has been unable, to date,  to establish the cost of his 'Media Awareness Training'   

I have just received an email from the TTMA giving notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting to Wind up the TTMA and appointing a liquidator  on the 9th Feb , however the venue for the meeting has NOT been given .

Just saying :flowers:

I am sorry but that isn’t true….

VMCC are looking to do something over the August bank holiday and the DfE Motorsport team have offered to help in any way possible 

1 minute ago, Rob Callister said:

I am sorry but that isn’t true….

VMCC are looking to do something over the August bank holiday and the DfE Motorsport team have offered to help in any way possible 

Top Tip Rob

Tell the DFE Motorsport team to keep out of it, best outcomes will follow.

Edited by Boris Johnson