TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 minute ago, Rob Callister said:

I am sorry but that isn’t true….

VMCC are looking to do something over the August bank holiday and the DfE Motorsport team have offered to help in any way possible 

The best help they could offer would be to keep their noses out!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

I am sorry but that isn’t true….

VMCC are looking to do something over the August bank holiday and the DfE Motorsport team have offered to help in any way possible 

It's true that the  VMCC were looking at 'doing something ' at either MGP or Southern 100 . 

ETA.  Vintage Mann News (the local branch VMCC mag) reports :-

"Members of your committee met up with members of the Department for Enterprise just prior to Christmas to discuss a raft of issues and ideas we thought might be of interest. Yet again we came away feeling very frustrated and frankly disappointed  with the governments response".

" We were looking at developing a new event to coincide with the Southern 100 ..... Rob insisted July was far too busy and we should focus our attention to developing new events in the autumn and winter months " 

" I could go on but what's the point"

Sorry Rob but after the Scoreboard / public consultation fiasco I'm inclined to believe the people who successfully ran 'Jurby Day' (until the powers that be decided to spear it ) . just saying.:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, paswt said:

It's true that the  VMCC were looking at 'doing something ' at either MGP or Southern 100 . 

"Members of your committee met up with members of the Department for Enterprise just prior to Christmas to discuss a raft of issues and ideas we thought might be of interest. Yet again we came away feeling very frustrated and frankly disappointed  with the governments response".

" We were looking at developing a new event to coincide with the Southern 100 ..... Rob insisted July was far too busy and we should focus our attention to developing new events in the autumn and winter months " 

Sorry Rob but after the Scoreboard / public consultation fiasco I'm inclined to believe the people who successfully ran 'Jurby Day' (until the powers that be decided to spear it ) . just saying.:flowers:

I've cropped out some of the more pointed opinions.... 😂

20220118_200953.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paswt said:

The public consultation around the TT scoreboard was fine and we have definitely listened to all the views submitted….

The main issue at the moment is trying to get treasury to support our funding application, which has been very difficult. 

5 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

The public consultation around the TT scoreboard was fine and we have definitely listened to all the views submitted….

The main issue at the moment is trying to get treasury to support our funding application, which has been very difficult. 

In the face of everything else, things like scoreboards and bridges aren’t a huge priority at the moment though.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

What a refreshing change that treasury are making it harder for Departments to squander money. If they just adopted the same policy with DOI  we would have plenty of money .  

The real test will be when MNH come knocking for £2.5m to build their new boat house.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob Callister said:

Surely you can find a corporate sponsor for that. Or is it that expensive that even sponsors can't afford it?

• Like 1