TT 2022 ??

Barlow

23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Stay schtum and don't rock any boats...

Rumours abound that  locally based TT marshals are resigning in droves  with at least 2 more sector marshals calling it a day ,  perhaps the  grand plan is to make the the  Isle of man motorcycling events totally reliant on the  good will of the ACU and to ship marshals  in for the TT and Manx   at great cost to the taxpayer ,thus making themselves  totally in control and creating a  monopoly  of officials and marshals   ,  someone has to pay for the massive building in Rugby that has been practically empty for the last couple of years , perhaps this really is the beginning of the end ?

3 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

How many likely winners were there in the 1967 senior, or the 1992 one? Both celebrated as two of the best ever.

Whatever threats there are to the future of the TT (and they'll be overstated as they have been for well over 100 years) the quality of the racing is not one of them.

I feel a 55 and a 30 years passed analogy might prove my point.

• Like 1

Andy, the new entity is that approved by the DfE in consultation with the ACU so it would appear that they are in complete charge . Perhaps Rob Callister could provide greater and better particulars.

Sid , the ACU code:-

"Any official is required to operate in line with the protocols commensurate with the role and prestige of the event and adhere to the ACU national sporting code with regard to officiating on the mountain course."

I have no idea what that sporting code means but assume that all officials have to confirm that the ACU cannot be faulted in any way in their running of road racing on the island , again perhaps Rob could clarify , assuming he can without getting clearance from the CoC/ACU😉.

Omobono I have been reliably informed that another CSM has confirmed he will not be marshalling . On social media quite a number of marshals ( on the mountain) have stated they will not be available .

the ACU are already in control , they may well ship their own marshals in from across  (who presumably will want travelling expenses / free accommodation / payment ???  as do the medics ) to join those local volunteer marshals who are prepared to sign up to total obedience with  a non disclosure agreement . 

We live in interesting times, just saying:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, paswt said:

Andy, the new entity is that approved by the DfE in consultation with the ACU so it would appear that they are in complete charge . Perhaps Rob Callister could provide greater and better particulars.

Sid , the ACU code:-

"Any official is required to operate in line with the protocols commensurate with the role and prestige of the event and adhere to the ACU national sporting code with regard to officiating on the mountain course."

I have no idea what that sporting code means but assume that all officials have to confirm that the ACU cannot be faulted in any way in their running of road racing on the island , again perhaps Rob could clarify , assuming he can without getting clearance from the CoC/ACU😉.

Omobono I have been reliably informed that another CSM has confirmed he will not be marshalling . On social media quite a number of marshals ( on the mountain) have stated they will not be available .

the ACU are already in control , they may well ship their own marshals in from across  (who presumably will want travelling expenses / free accommodation / payment ???  as do the medics ) to join those local volunteer marshals who are prepared to sign up to total obedience with  a non disclosure agreement . 

We live in interesting times, just saying:flowers:

no marshals will be coming from across, End May/June is right as the UK motorsport season gets going, on my calendar there's at least 6 major meetings on the weekends of TT fortnight.

I saw a interesting news article today on 3fm the Starship Enterprise have applied to put 168 portakabins on the site of the old Prison site on Victoria Road. There will be no events, and no retail or sales of alcohol. 

At the expense of putting gloried boxes up, would it have not been easier to put up tents, and to have a toilet/shower block which could be towed away?

Also is it the islands authorities role to provide accommodation? It’s amazing this site has been allowed to be turned into a campsite, when the land should have been used to build more homes, it should have been gifted to Douglas Council, and hopefully the site is redeveloped. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I saw a interesting news article today on 3fm the Starship Enterprise have applied to put 168 portakabins on the site of the old Prison site on Victoria Road. There will be no events, and no retail or sales of alcohol. 

At the expense of putting gloried boxes up, would it have not been easier to put up tents, and to have a toilet/shower block which could be towed away?

Also is it the islands authorities role to provide accommodation? It’s amazing this site has been allowed to be turned into a campsite, when the land should have been used to build more homes, it should have been gifted to Douglas Council, and hopefully the site is redeveloped. 

why should it have been gifted to Douglas Council?

36 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I would think the MDC & Chris Thomas’s housing board will be looking at this site

Another bright idea that will certainly not pay for itself, can we afford these flashes of brilliance from this department  🤑.   Renting and transportation of cabins and shower/ toilet blocks, erection and dismantling , bins ,etc there is obviously no one in this department with a business or any other sort of brain.   Tents would have been better if the ground is suitable.   It does not matter how much money is wasted there is no accountability.

16 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Another bright idea that will certainly not pay for itself, can we afford these flashes of brilliance from this department  🤑.   Renting and transportation of cabins and shower/ toilet blocks, erection and dismantling , bins ,etc there is obviously no one in this department with a business or any other sort of brain.   Tents would have been better if the ground is suitable.   It does not matter how much money is wasted there is no accountability.

Isn't it Duke Marketing who are doing this? They did the same in 2019 so it must be worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

It's actually a repeat of use of the site in 2019, though in that case the application was by Dukes Marketing rather than the DfE.  The 'agents' are the same however (Denning Millar Projects) who are presumably responsible for producing the plans and getting the thing errected. 

38 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I’m sure the Starship Enterprise will need a team of civil servants to run the ‘camp site’. I hope it makes a wonderful financial return, for all the work preparing, running and dismantling the portakabins. I am assuming that the Starship Enterprise is actually running the camp site, they have made the planning application? A good use of taxpayers resources, another Allinson bright idea. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's actually a repeat of use of the site in 2019, though in that case the application was by Dukes Marketing rather than the DfE.  The 'agents' are the same however (Denning Millar Projects) who are presumably responsible for producing the plans and getting the thing errected. 

This really needs looking into. I believe we are seeing our hard earned money being pissed away and a third party making money to rub salt into the wounds...................

I know how much it costs to ship containers to the island and its at least £1.4k a time one way.

How oh how does this setup at the prison make any financial sense?

£3K Shipping, on and off the island. Never mind the setup and maintenance costs..... Never mind the government funded electricity cable that was put in a couple of years ago, what did that cost alone?

It really does not stack up and I really think we are wasting more taxpayers money on this like lots of the TT 

• Like 1