TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

when is someone in government going to realise that without  the good will and cooperation  of the people of the                  isle of Man , weather it be the race officials ,marshals , scrutineers   homestay providers ,and everyone else who literally alters their way of life and suffers inconvenience  during the TT and MGP , for the good of this island ,and its economy .

I fear that we are starting to loose the good will that has been generated by many volunteers  who provide essential  support for  these events , time for Alfred Cannan to step in  and bring some common sense to bear before the lot comes crashing down ,and we never have a TT or other forms of road racing again , 

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

You are spot on Omobono add on to that we have had two years without the TT and people have got used to it and some have not missed it.

At least the access road should have been improved it is dreadful especially when ambulances are trying to get through they have had two years to do it.    I realise that some businesses do well and rely on the TT but a lot do not due to access difficulties with closed roads.   The public houses who are feeling the pinch may not see a lot of business with 1886 on the town square and Bushys in the Villa.

You haven't noticed that the MGP programme has been drastically cut and rearranged to accommodate you and those who are inconvenienced? 

• Haha 1

It does not inconvenience me but I am certain the Manx Grand Prix was not cut for this reason in fact altering the dates has inconvenienced all the fans who are scrambling to change travel, accommodation and holiday dates.   It has inconvenienced hoteliers and other accommodation providers and the Steam Packet are probably not enjoying all the extra work.   If it had to be changed it should have been left until 2023 .

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It does not inconvenience me but I am certain the Manx Grand Prix was not cut for this reason in fact altering the dates has inconvenienced all the fans who are scrambling to change travel, accommodation and holiday dates.   It has inconvenienced hoteliers and other accommodation providers and the Steam Packet are probably not enjoying all the extra work.   If it had to be changed it should have been left until 2023 .

You are Mike Brown , and I claim my £5 😉 , if not I wouldn't put money on your chances of marshalling at TT/MGP  🤣:flowers:

• Haha 1

The government is panicking because without the TT the island does not have a tourist offering. It’s too expensive to get here, most of the accommodation is poor value for money for the quality, the weather is unreliable and England has scrapped a lot of its incoming testing requirements, so people in the U.K.  will be champing at the bit to go abroad. The Isle of Man without the TT is dead as far as the visitor economy goes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

According to the NPM today, there is still no news as to whether the funfair is returning this TT. It really comes to something when those 2 weeks revolve around the funfair. 

The piece states 'Tim Crookall is also none the wiser'.

Regarding the funfair or just sweeping generalisation.....discuss....

• Haha 1

A news report on the NPM this morning features an anonymous Marshall describing the situation as to the disciplinary action of the CSM and the lack of Marshalls willing to commit to the TT 2022 as ‘heartbreaking’. The NPM gave its interviewee airtime, and anonymity, however, their voice wasn’t disguised. I hope the CoC and the DfE haven’t got a wonderful audio recall memory?

On 1/29/2022 at 3:51 PM, Max Power said:

Isn't it Duke Marketing who are doing this? They did the same in 2019 so it must be worthwhile.

Yes it is and according to the BBC, DESPITE ONLY 61% OCCUPANCY in 2019.

They expect to be granted planning  for a lot more units too, and I quote....

"The proposed village would also help fill a shortage of "business class beds" in the island's tourist accommodation sector, he said"

Business class beds on the old prison site............... in a portacabin?

My business contacts would very quickly see me as a chancer if I told them that is where I was putting them up. Even for the TT and they would never deal with me again.

FFS Really, this is taking the piss, I am all for private enterprise but this reeks of DF "Enterprise" involvement and taking a company along for a ride.

I pay tax like everyone but i gripe at that tax  being squandered to underwrite private enterprise to make money, as that is what this looks very like, I hope I am wrong.

If it was a "thing" that Gov wanted and they tendered the supply of it, then fair enough. This was not tendered recently  and never has been, really stinks.

See this link to the BBC 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-60201338

As I have said before, I know the cost of shipping containers to the island and I also know the cost of transporting them and unloading them by big cranes. This is fantasy land economics

15 hours ago, 2112 said:

A news report on the NPM this morning features an anonymous Marshall describing the situation as to the disciplinary action of the CSM and the lack of Marshalls willing to commit to the TT 2022 as ‘heartbreaking’. The NPM gave its interviewee airtime, and anonymity, however, their voice wasn’t disguised. I hope the CoC and the DfE haven’t got a wonderful audio recall memory?

was it phil gawne or tommy off the moaning line ??

• Haha 2