TT 2022 ??

Barlow

TT 2022 will go ahead as long as Rob Callister isn't in charge of Tourism.

So it won't be affected by the Callister Curse.

I don't know what he did before being an MHK, so it could be just while he has been an MHK.

I won't list Tourism before Covid as we all know TT and Tourism was declining,

even with Skelly Hooper theoretical estimations.

Historic TT Scoreboard gone,while in charge of MNH,

Incinerator breaks down.

Airport doesn't open, while plane in the sky.

Laxey Wheel not turning.

Liverpool Landing stage running late and costing more.

Left DHA ????.

Planning over ruled as stand in Minister to knock down house with

histroical value,While in charge of MNH.

Folk Life Gallery Gone.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

TT 2022 will go ahead as long as Rob Callister isn't in charge of Tourism.

So it won't be affected by the Callister Curse.

I don't know what he did before being an MHK, so it could be just while he has been an MHK.

I won't list Tourism before Covid as we all know TT and Tourism was declining,

even with Skelly Hooper theoretical estimations.

Historic TT Scoreboard gone,while in charge of MNH,

Incinerator breaks down.

Airport doesn't open, while plane in the sky.

Laxey Wheel not turning.

Liverpool Landing stage running late and costing more.

Left DHA ????.

Planning over ruled as stand in Minister to knock down house with

histroical value,While in charge of MNH.

Folk Life Gallery Gone.

So according to you, everything that has gone wrong is down to Rob Callister? Just as well you don't have a axe to grind there then...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm assuming we did kill witches, surprised we still don't, wouldn't be surprised if we reprised it within the next 10 years. How did we conduct witch tests? 

We sent them to Liverpool to be tested because our local witch tests were not world-class. 

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Saw this, but I haven't seen much else about it being officially back on. Does anyone know what the new revolutionary elements are?

Angela Byrne, Head of Visit Isle of Man, commented:

‘It’s fantastic news to hear that the TT is returning next year along with new elements that are set to revolutionise the experience for visiting fans and those following from around the world. With 2022 expected to be a very busy and successful year for the Island’s iconic motorsport event, the need for good quality, alternative accommodation during this peak period is going to be vital if we are to continue to attract more visitors to the races.

Screenshot-2021-10-26-at-21-28-15.png

The Department wishes to remind all Island homeowners that it is illegal to provide accommodation to paying guests, unless you are registered with Visit Isle of Man or registered on the Homestay Scheme (only valid for TT, Manx Grand Prix and Classic TT)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Saw this, but I haven't seen much else about it being officially back on. Does anyone know what the new revolutionary elements are?

Angela Byrne, Head of Visit Isle of Man, commented:

‘It’s fantastic news to hear that the TT is returning next year along with new elements that are set to revolutionise the experience for visiting fans and those following from around the world. With 2022 expected to be a very busy and successful year for the Island’s iconic motorsport event, the need for good quality, alternative accommodation during this peak period is going to be vital if we are to continue to attract more visitors to the races.

Screenshot-2021-10-26-at-21-28-15.png

The Department wishes to remind all Island homeowners that it is illegal to provide accommodation to paying guests, unless you are registered with Visit Isle of Man or registered on the Homestay Scheme (only valid for TT, Manx Grand Prix and Classic TT)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Genuine Question !?? How can it be illegal for someone to stay in your property and how can it be enforced ? 

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Genuine Question !?? How can it be illegal for someone to stay in your property and how can it be enforced ? 

It's not illegal to have someone to stay[1] but it might be if you start charging money for it.  Having a few friends for drinks isn't illegal - turning you're front room into a pub is.

[1]  Though there might be penalties if you're a tenant and your contract says otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Genuine answer . Read the post about providing accommodation to paying quests unless you are registered…..etc etc. 

As for enforcement well  probably difficult unless someone snitches on you. Same with a lot of things, having illegal drugs in your house and so on.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's not illegal to have someone to stay[1] but it might be if you start charging money for it.  Having a few friends for drinks isn't illegal - turning you're front room into a pub is.

[1]  Though there might be penalties if you're a tenant and your contract says otherwise.

Sorry didnt make it clear . Yes charging them . Surely their trying it on to say you cant .?  

14 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I looked into honestay a few years ago. Although I live in (I think) a nice house with a good garden,  garage 2 spare rooms and walking distance into Douglas.  There is no way I would qualify as suitable as the rules are plain ridiculous. 

Not enough teaspoons?

• Like 1