TT 2022 ??

Barlow

13 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Who is Nick Crowe and why should anyone care what he thinks? 

As for the 'biggest sponcer' of the event I'm pretty sure that's the Isle of Man taxpayer at C.£8m+ a year. Unless Mr Crowe is funding more than that?

Local Ex sidecar racer and now his sons race sidecars and he sponsors them I think . Northern Fuels owner I believe . Others will confirm. 

Edited by Numbnuts

7 minutes ago, Banky said:

marshals has one L BTW. 

More pedantic and cantankerous as i age, sorry..

Love my sidecars, since 78 and Mac & Kenny. 

I'm in for £500 for Nick's lads, for this TT. Mainly to just piss you lot off ! 

They've been unlucky with not being able to race due to Covid. And in the last year we had racing  the second sidecare race didnt take place from memory. There quick I believe .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

They've been unlucky with not being able to race due to Covid. And in the last year we had racing  the second sidecare race didnt take place from memory. There quick I believe .  

Oh i know. I've helped monkey KB out for last 9 years. Don't worry, I'll be in touch. Ask Harry P. He will tell you. Banged him fuel for Germany last year. 

21 minutes ago, Banky said:

Oh i know. I've helped monkey KB out for last 9 years. Don't worry, I'll be in touch. Ask Harry P. He will tell you. Banged him fuel for Germany last year. 

No idea whats that all about but whatever it is respect for helping anyone in that sort of situation   

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Quoting Nick Crowe - 

I can assure you, I could not imagine the Isle Of Man without a TT, it would be like North Korea without missiles..

North Korea without the missiles would be a better place, especially if the funds wasted on them were spent on improving local living conditions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I had to read that bit twice, what kind of nugget thinks along those lines?

When the Iron Curtain fell down, a large number of people were saying that life for the common man would improve because the money until then being spent arms could be spent on things like medical care, or better still, pensions.

42 minutes ago, Declan said:

North Korea without the missiles would be a better place, especially if the funds wasted on them were spent on improving local living conditions.

if the western world did that we could do the same and have a functional NHS,

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

When the Iron Curtain fell down, a large number of people were saying that life for the common man would improve because the money until then being spent arms could be spent on things like medical care, or better still, pensions.

I don't recall large numbers saying that

• Haha 2

Cold War defence expenditure for the UK was something like £50Bn a year up to the drawdown of the mid-nineties, if I recall? 55k British troops stationed in Germany, 4 UK airbases in Germany. None of that now.