TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Curious point, if there are over 5000 individuals and 230 voting members, surely anyone joining the Association pays a joining fee and subscription? What happens to the funds, or does it get transferred over to the newly formed organisation?

Life Membership was , if memory serves ( £20 but didn't retain receipt😉) .

If the company is wound up then the 'members' could be liable for the cost of that but to be fair we are told that a "declaration of solvency"has been signed ( not provided with documentary evidence to confirm). However given that it is proposed that " the new company has agreed to take over all of the current company's obligations and liabilities one wonders what the proposed 'liquidator' will do  to 'earn' his fee.

It was proposed that the new company would have 2 members with voting rights and 'marshals would be consulted'.

Additionally "The new company and its members will be ratified by the Department (D f E ) , this has been denied by Rob Callister.

No documentary evidence was provided at the EGM in relation to the assets/liabilities, A & M   of the existing/ proposed new  company.

The meeting was adjourned and the documentary evidence requested will be provided prior to (hopefully) or at the next EGM.

:flowers:

1 hour ago, paswt said:

If the company is wound up then the 'members' could be liable for the cost of that but to be fair we are told that a "declaration of solvency"has been signed ( not provided with documentary evidence to confirm). However given that it is proposed that " the new company has agreed to take over all of the current company's obligations and liabilities one wonders what the proposed 'liquidator' will do  to 'earn' his fee.

It was proposed that the new company would have 2 members with voting rights and 'marshals would be consulted'.

Additionally "The new company and its members will be ratified by the Department (D f E ) , this has been denied by Rob Callister.

No documentary evidence was provided at the EGM in relation to the assets/liabilities, A & M   of the existing/ proposed new  company.

The meeting was adjourned and the documentary evidence requested will be provided prior to (hopefully) or at the next EGM.

I am reliably informed the Marshals meeting was a shambles  last night , no new articles of association  available  for people to read ,and worse still no accounts or balance sheet  or list of  assets or liabilities ,or matters that need to be resolved 

And all presided over by Dr Allinson and the Clerk of the course Gary ,  fronted by Nigel  Crennell  from the motorsport division ,  there appears to be a suspicion marshals are getting the wool pulled over their eyes , 

Lets hope the reconvened EGM will produce a more positive result ,at the end of the day people need to feel valued for the service they give to the races   and that there is a trusting and worthwhile relationship between the organisers and the volunteers  , which appears to be sadly lacking at the moment ,

quite a lot of people hot under the collar  ,

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I am reliably informed the Marshals meeting was a shambles  last night , no new articles of association  available  for people to read ,and worse still no accounts or balance sheet  or list of  assets or liabilities ,or matters that need to be resolved 

And all presided over by Dr Allinson and the Clerk of the course Gary ,  fronted by Nigel  Crennell  from the motorsport division ,  there appears to be a suspicion marshals are getting the wool pulled over their eyes , 

Lets hope the reconvened EGM will produce a more positive result ,at the end of the day people need to feel valued for the service they give to the races   and that there is a trusting and worthwhile relationship between the organisers and the volunteers  , which appears to be sadly lacking at the moment ,

Good to know that the new people seem to operating on such a professional basis.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paswt said:

Just for clarity, I was only made aware of the new IOMTTMA structure, along with the new M&A’s and Articles last Saturday morning. 

The structure did have a proposal for two initial members, and I can’t remember publicly denying that anywhere, especially when I only discovered that information myself last weekend.

However, once I noticed this proposal I did raise my concerns with the DfE Minister and the Department. 

I then spent a considerable amount of time over the weekend trying to fully understand what other documents were being presented to the IOMTTMA members at the meeting which I believe was held last night. 

Now that the meeting has been adjourned I will be scheduling a meeting with the IOMTTMA, in order to fully understand what the club is trying to achieve.

Thereafter I will help the directors and the association in order to ensure that the next EGM is called correctly and all members have access to all the relevant paperwork in advance of that meeting. 

41 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I was there , the first paragraph is correct.

The meeting was presided over by the current directors who stated that Dr Allinson/ Gary Thompson/ Nigel Crennell were invited to attend (despite holding no position in the organisation) to perhaps answer questions in relation to the new proposed company

Dr Allinson was invited to sit to the right of the top table , adjacent to the CoC and Mr Crennell, he declined and sat in with the rest of us . He did not contribute anything and made no comment, as did Gary Thompson (CoC).

Mr Crennell on the other hand responded to to many questions/statements made by members with vague assurances about virtually everything and inferred that if the members did not accept his assurances and agree to the winding up of the old TTMA then they could be prejudicing the running of the TT .

I would venture to suggest that the members present were not stupid/ naive and weren't prepared to take his word for his assertions without seeing the documentary evidence to back up his claims.

It would be fair to say that those at the meeting would be in favour of retaining/modifying the existing TTMA 's M&A, allowing all marshals to be members and have voting rights rather than a promised 2 meetings a year to offer observations to the new ' management'.

I look forward to the next EGM when hopefully the documentation will be made available , preferably before the meeting other than handed round ( a nice ploy by LG/CS , hoping for confusion and things going through on the nod...... excuse my cynicism). 

I've noted your post Rob and TBH I thought you may have attended last night but perhaps the invitation to attend was not extended to you.

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

Having had the need to deal with the DFE Motorsport division I can say from personal experience they are an untrustworthy bunch that will SH1T on a private enterprise to inflate their "Importance" 

16 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

Just for clarity, I was only made aware of the new IOMTTMA structure, along with the new M&A’s and Articles last Saturday morning. 

The structure did have a proposal for two initial members, and I can’t remember publicly denying that anywhere, especially when I only discovered that information myself last weekend.

However, once I noticed this proposal I did raise my concerns with the DfE Minister and the Department. 

I then spent a considerable amount of time over the weekend trying to fully understand what other documents were being presented to the IOMTTMA members at the meeting which I believe was held last night. 

Now that the meeting has been adjourned I will be scheduling a meeting with the IOMTTMA, in order to fully understand what the club is trying to achieve.

Thereafter I will help the directors and the association in order to ensure that the next EGM is called correctly and all members have access to all the relevant paperwork in advance of that meeting. 

#notmyfault#fingeronthepulse#letsgetoutofhere

Trying to understand.. hmmm..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

Having had the need to deal with the DFE Motorsport division I can say from personal experience they are an untrustworthy bunch that will SH1T on a private enterprise to inflate their "Importance" 

I take importance to be salary? Because that appears to be developing very nicely

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

I have never made a comment about you before Mr Callister but the above screams....

"It's nothing to do with me that DFE are taking over the Marshals organisation."

You as an MHK should know about these things but saying that, I fully understand that the CS do their own thing and don't involve politicians until the last moment, or not at all if they have a "compliant" Minister

You really need to get involved in this QUICKLY 

Please don't let it turn out the same way as the quiet takeover of the IOM Employers Federation by government  DFE. That is so bad that even other  government departments are not using it (OLD IOMEMPFED) anymore for reference if a company can work for government jobs or not...........................

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I have never made a comment about you before Mr Callister but the above screams....

"It's nothing to do with me that DFE are taking over the Marshals organisation."

You as an MHK should know about these things but saying that, I fully understand that the CS do their own thing and don't involve politicians until the last moment, or not at all if they have a "compliant" Minister

You really need to get involved in this QUICKLY 

Please don't let it turn out the same way as the quiet takeover of the IOM Employers Federation by government  DFE. That is so bad that even other  government departments are not using it (OLD IOMEMPFED) anymore for reference if a company can work for government jobs or not...........................

It's amazing how it managed to run largely by itself for over 100 years. And yet now government are making it a professional world-class offering it is rapidly becoming a complete clusterfuck.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, english zloty said:

#notmyfault#fingeronthepulse#letsgetoutofhere

Trying to understand.. hmmm..

Mr Callister its NOT a club its an association and more recently a limited company under the Isle of man companies act , that means things have to be done properly  and the new articles  made available to all the interested existing  parties together  with an up to date list of all assets and liabilities .not forgetting  an up to date statement  audited set of accounts 

You have been given delegated responsibility for the Motor Sport division in the Department of Enterprise , and I,  and many others are disappointed to hear  you are ignorant of what  what has been going on under your watch , 

if you are not careful all the good will that existed between the department and the TT marshals  will be gone ,

If we are going to have a new TT marshals organisation  then lets be legal , up front, and take the time and trouble to explain the object of the exercise , and how its intended to work , 

I hear on the grape vine there was not a clause in the draft articles for the dismissal  of a marshal by the  Chairman and  directors and this was why no one has been allowed to see them until a  fresh clause is inserted especially  for this purpose 

I sincerely hope the schedule will be voted on clause by clause at the next EGM   and everyone attending   can feel the  meeting has been conducted in an open   fair and totally legal manner 

Mr Callister I do think you protest too much ! I wouldn't like to have  the responsibility for the Loss of the TT and MGP on my head , so just think for once about what you are doing and who you are upsetting . 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, paswt said:

I was there , the first paragraph is correct.

The meeting was presided over by the current directors who stated that Dr Allinson/ Gary Thompson/ Nigel Crennell were invited to attend (despite holding no position in the organisation) to perhaps answer questions in relation to the new proposed company

Dr Allinson was invited to sit to the right of the top table , adjacent to the CoC and Mr Crennell, he declined and sat in with the rest of us . He did not contribute anything and made no comment, as did Gary Thompson (CoC).

Mr Crennell on the other hand responded to to many questions/statements made by members with vague assurances about virtually everything and inferred that if the members did not accept his assurances and agree to the winding up of the old TTMA then they could be prejudicing the running of the TT .

I would venture to suggest that the members present were not stupid/ naive and weren't prepared to take his word for his assertions without seeing the documentary evidence to back up his claims.

It would be fair to say that those at the meeting would be in favour of retaining/modifying the existing TTMA 's M&A, allowing all marshals to be members and have voting rights rather than a promised 2 meetings a year to offer observations to the new ' management'.

I look forward to the next EGM when hopefully the documentation will be made available , preferably before the meeting other than handed round ( a nice ploy by LG/CS , hoping for confusion and things going through on the nod...... excuse my cynicism). 

I've noted your post Rob and TBH I thought you may have attended last night but perhaps the invitation to attend was not extended to you.

“It would be fair to say that those at the meeting would be in favour of retaining/modifying the existing TTMA 's M&A, allowing all marshals to be members and have voting rights rather than a promised 2 meetings a year to offer observations to the new ' management” 

yes, and that was is the same conclusion I came to last weekend after reading all the documents, but I need to sit down with the directors of the IOMTTMA  first. 

I didn’t attend the meeting last night because I wasn’t invited or asked….