TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Posted on Steam packet thread , can you believe this !!?? Not my post. This surely cant be true ?? 

Literally just got off the phone to The Steam Packet Company trying to book my daughter on the Ben-My-Chree with a dog anytime during practice or race week. I was told they are taking the boat out of service on May 29th until June 14th. The Mannanan doesn't take pets and they are replacing the Ben-My-Chree with a smaller boat mainly for unaccompanied vehicles. It didn't tell me this on the web site. Perfect timing to ruin travel plans for thousands after two years waiting for the return of the races. They mustn't want that many people to come for it. 😔

Edited by Numbnuts

13 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Posted on Steam packet thread , can you believe this !!?? Not my post. This surely cant be true ?? 

Literally just got off the phone to The Steam Packet Company trying to book my daughter on the Ben-My-Chree with a dog anytime during practice or race week. I was told they are taking the boat out of service on May 29th until June 14th. The Mannanan doesn't take pets and they are replacing the Ben-My-Chree with a smaller boat mainly for unaccompanied vehicles. It didn't tell me this on the web site. Perfect timing to ruin travel plans for thousands after two years waiting for the return of the races. They mustn't want that many people to come for it. 😔

The Ben is normally in dry Dock first week in May or last week in April. That can't be right. Uts TT fortnight. I reckon it's just full. There are limited pet places.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

The Ben is normally in dry Dock first week in May or last week in April. That can't be right. Uts TT fortnight. I reckon it's just full. There are limited pet places.

Steam Packet have denied that any boat is being withdrawn or not operational end May and first half June.

makes you wonder why the poster of the post about her daughter and pet phoned. She’d checked on line. So she’d know there was no capacity.

I’ve just gone on line and checked timetable. Ben to Heysham throughout TT and I did a dummy booking HEY IoM with pet on 27/5 and returning 8/6. High price, but foot passenger and pet lounge spaces, on both sailings on each day.

Is it possible that she also wanted a car booked? And that all sailings have full car decks? And some, unaccompanied cars are going on Arrow? And she’s misunderstood.

• Like 4

Just now, 2112 said:

An article on the IOM newspaper website that you can watch the TT if you pay £14.99 for the duration of the event. All qualifying, practice and races covered live. I hope it brings in £ms to the Manx Exchequer.

Oof. That's too much for the first year. Be interesting to see if it makes it onto the high seas.