TT 2022 ??

Barlow

11 hours ago, paswt said:

Meanwhile on some parts of the course  the tetra radios only work intermittently . Just saying :flowers:

Speaks volumes about priorities. Still perhaps another serious accident and a communication breakdown due to radios working sporadically, will focus the minds. 

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well, "cameras everywhere, different angles, live access to qualifying and practice sessions..." He didn't mention actual racing so I wondered if the £14.99 covers the actual race or is it pay-per-view? 

I’d be pissed off if I paid money and a race is cancelled due to the weather and even at the end of weeks racing, it could be indefinitely postponed. It has happened before. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’d be pissed off if I paid money and a race is cancelled due to the weather and even at the end of weeks racing, it could be indefinitely postponed. It has happened before. 

I see the notice convening the  next TT marshals EGM  due to take place wednesday  2 nd March  is out , and the comments are I believe an insult  to all those who give their time  to support the races , 

I hope someone in the know will publish the notice  together with the agenda  there still appears to be No Balance sheet or statement of accounts , , 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I see the notice convening the  next TT marshals EGM  due to take place wednesday  2 nd March  is out , and the comments are I believe an insult  to all those who give their time  to support the races , 

I hope someone in the know will publish the notice  together with the agenda  there still appears to be No Balance sheet or statement of accounts , , 

I know someone ( a 'member' of the TTMA it's proposed to wind up) who  spoke at the last EGM questioning why members had not been provided with the company's assets and liabilities 

He had to identify himself prior to speaking .

For some reason he has not, to date, been notified of the reconvened meeting 

Funny old world

Just saying:flowers:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Two-lane said:

This is all about making money, and not about sport or entertainment.
Bernie Ecclestone is well thought of for making F1 what what it is as a business (not as a sport) - somewhere along the line he made the comment that spectators were irrelevant, because the money was in TV rights.

I suspect there are a large number of people of certain years on this forum, so here is the question: would you rather have been at Woodstock or would you rather have watched it on the Internet...

I can't stand F1 but I attend other motor sport and various other sporting events.

What I cannot understand is the number of attending spectators who do not actually witness and watch the event (any event) in question, but waste their time trying to video it on their phones.  What is the point of them physically being there?

I know I posted earlier in disparaging terms about "live" TV coverage, but maybe that's the way to go.  Who wants a real life experience - like actually being at Woodstock - when instead you can experience it virtually on your couch?

Forget the IOMSPCo ferrying real life biker fans to the TT to experience the delights of homestay and dodgy pubs - just sell the TV rights.  Assuming that is, that the people to whom you have entrusted the selling of the rights, er - can be trusted to get the best price possible.

Otherwise - just give up... 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:53 AM, Trackman said:

Another threat to the races is the lack of anaesthetists at Nobles. Given the nature of the injuries that come in the races and open roads I think we may need more that the couple we have.

Theres 8 or more isn't there with another 4 just recruited .

Edited by Numbnuts

18 hours ago, 2112 said:

It certainly does, Belgian F1 GP 2021 springs to mind, many other sports too. The coverage plans for these eventualities, we can't control the weather. 

18 hours ago, Two-lane said:

I suspect there are a large number of people of certain years on this forum, so here is the question: would you rather have been at Woodstock or would you rather have watched it on the Internet.

I think I would have hated the experience of actually being at Woodstock, but I would have liked to have been able to say 'I was there!' 

• Like 1

In sports these days, whether it be F1 or a football match, there is the possibility of the commentary being made from a studio distant from the event.

But there somehow seems to be more immediacy when the commentator says "I can see the car coming into the pits...". Or in the case of the TT, "I can see the leaders coming into Ramsey hairpin..."

So it is true that commentary boxes at Glen Helen and Ramsey are no longer required. But it is also true that the grandstand commentary box is not essential. The commentary could be made from a fully equipped broadcasting studio elsewhere - at lower cost.

35 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think I would have hated the experience of actually being at Woodstock, but I would have liked to have been able to say 'I was there!' 

I watch hours upon hours of Glastonbury, and love it. But there is no effin' way I'm going to go there, oh no way, despite all I am told about how great it is.

• Thanks 1