TT 2022 ??

Barlow

You honestly have to wonder about the professional standards of this organisation and wonder whether it's fit and proper to be marshaling the deadliest 'sporting event' in the world.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-marshals-association-to-open-and-immediately-adjourn-egm/

They can't even maintain a register of members. Proper tinpot stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

You honestly have to wonder about the professional standards of this organisation and wonder whether it's fit and proper to be marshaling the deadliest 'sporting event' in the world.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-marshals-association-to-open-and-immediately-adjourn-egm/

I don't really know how the TT Marshals Association should be run but I do know that when something is run by volunteers and not many of the volunteers actually want to be involved in doing the work, the people that step forward are often not the most experienced and competent, but the ones with the least amount of better things to do. It's not necessarily a good qualification for selection. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I suspect that the documents referent were those identified by an attendee at the last EGM who disputed that there were only 230 "members" as when he was involved in the management of the organisation a few years back there were 680(?). His revelation was disputed and he was attacked by a 'voice at the back', who sounded a bit miffed, inferring   he had acted illegally by having this information.

The press release would seem to infer that the information was held illegally , I would take the view that it may have been merely copies of a membership list and  the organisation had "lost" the originals. FWIW I would have kept my own file for my own protection and to prevent being misquoted/ blamed for the organisation's acts and omissions after my tenure had ceased.

All a bit ironic as the new TTMA advises that it is entirely in order for them to acquire membership/marshals details from the old company without getting prior approval from said members marshals.

Then again , in order to comply with the ACU's code of conduct marshals are not judged on their ability but by their sworn allegiance to the ACU and to endorse adopt and applaud all the decisions of the islands political masters and their CS appointees ( eg "motorsport team") who seem to have a totalitarian mindset which cannot comprehend or allow people to think differently.

I have heard it said that the expression "Lions led by Donkeys" is an apt description of the TT/MGP marshalling situation .

Just saying

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

His post says it will go to planning first, then they will fund it from existing budget.

But they shouldn't be funding capital projects from existing revenue budgets.  That's not how good government (or any business) is supposed to work.  Though I suspect what will actually happen is that they just spend the money anyway and then demand the extra because it is needed to run the TT.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But they shouldn't be funding capital projects from existing revenue budgets.  That's not how good government (or any business) is supposed to work.  Though I suspect what will actually happen is that they just spend the money anyway and then demand the extra because it is needed to run the TT.

Thats what I'm sure DOI has done with the Prom scheme to pay for overrun and cock ups . Harmer even said thats what they would do at commencement. 

Why are we planning to spend many millions on a bespoke item designed to include Boy Scouts and look like it’s 100 year old predecessor, when for much less money we could probably have a much more effective state of the art system off the shelf ? IOM Government going for another ill-designed platinum plated solution that will probably  never function effectively.  Ronaldsway Radar comes to mind.

We would have had to replace this year, even if “they” hadn’t dismantled the old one. 

A tree came down during Eunice or Franklyn and would have smashed the previous one.

* no Boy Scouts we’re harmed in the tree fall

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

We would have had to replace this year, even if “they” hadn’t dismantled the old one. 

A tree came down during Eunice or Franklyn and would have smashed the previous one.

* no Boy Scouts we’re harmed in the tree fall

Some were emotionally traumatised by the old score board coming down though ... apparently !  

If the money for this grandiose score board comes out of budget other projects will suffer.   Is this just a way of not giving Treasury the chance to knock it back as they did before .    This department is determined to have a ridiculous, over the top, erection that will only be used for a few weeks a year and clearly they have worked out how to achieve this by the back door.