Census 2021

Non-Believer

51 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

266 increase in economically active population since 2011. 

770 new Civil Service appointments since 2020.

I have no words.

I've already pointed out that the 770 is meaningless, though it's quite possible that the situation is even worse than you think.  But it's important to get these things right or they can just ignore all criticism.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I've already pointed out that the 770 is meaningless, though it's quite possible that the situation is even worse than you think.  But it's important to get these things right or they can just ignore all criticism.

Yes I see what you mean, very poor reporting. An enlightening figure nonetheless.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Interim results out today. Population 84,096. Average age up.

I wish I understood how that 84,096 squares with the vaccination dashboard eligible population of ( 12+ ) 79,216. Clearly there aren’t fewer than 5,000 children below age 12.

Per the census there are roughly 7,700 who are 10 or younger

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

266 increase in economically active population since 2011. 

770 new Civil Service appointments since 2020.

I have no words.

I get the distinct impression that any data IOMG produces you can believe with a pinch of salt. We have been led to believe that we have such a booming population, and when the numbers are crunched ………… all isn’t what it seems. What a damp squib. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Banker said:

So presumably as population growth is low we don’t need 1000s if housing on green fields in the east?

Have IOMG scrapped the locate.im relocate to the IOM gimmick? Not seen it advertised for ages, also locate.im a couple of years ago sponsored a race at the TT. It would be interesting to see what was spent on advertising etc as opposed to the returns, new residents and businesses, relocating here as a result of the IOMG advertising campaign.

8 hours ago, Lost Login said:

Per the census there are roughly 7,700 who are 10 or younger

Actually it’s 7,700 who are 9 and younger. There are roughly 4,500 aged 10-14, so 900 aged 10 and 900 aged 11 ( approx ). So 9500 under 12’s

8 hours ago, Banker said:

So presumably as population growth is low we don’t need 1000s if housing on green fields in the east?

I get the distinct impression that developers are now not viewed as "developers", but as NI and taxation suppliers ! Hence they have free reign to do more or less what they want. What they do, is now secondary to the employment created.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I get the distinct impression that developers are now not viewed as "developers", but as NI and taxation suppliers ! Hence they have free reign to do more or less what they want. What they do, is now secondary to the employment created.

Cannan said in his Our Island Plan speech he's going to change planning law to make it easier for construction. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

No planning permission - that will please them.

Not be happy until the islands main attraction (scenery and open spaces for people to roam and wildlife) is buried under concrete ! Perhaps a sign of just how many mistakes administrations have made over the past 30 yrs.

• Like 3

If the population hasn’t grown as much as been hyped beyond recognition, perhaps now tough choices and hard decisions can be made. The basic infrastructure has been allowed to wither away, and our medical services are such, where many local residents can’t get on to the books of certain medical practices. As for getting a doctor appointment, forget it ……… impossible dream. Censuses mean nothing if this island isn’t going to address issues ……….. or perhaps …………

……….. the population has grown but IOMG has made such a complete mess of the census, that the statistics are totally unreliable?

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1