Census 2021

Non-Believer

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

"Ray Harmer confirmed census headquarters have had to be moved from Fairfield School because of connectivity problems, and there are plans to increase staffing."

lol

Be prepared for a even worse service from Government as they will pull civil servants off their normal roles, and get them doing census work. That’s why the tax office is permanently understaffed, and there are long queues!

I sent in an email yesterday asking for paper version. Polite emails back to confirm and reassuring me that no fines will happen for late delivery.

One elderly neighbour came round yesterday worried as can not use his internet. Had been trying to get through on phone for 4 days but not answering. Worried he may end up in prison ! Reassured that would not happen.

Going over this morning to show him how to request paperwork by email. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Apple said:

I sent in an email yesterday asking for paper version. Polite emails back to confirm and reassuring me that no fines will happen for late delivery.

One elderly neighbour came round yesterday worried as can not use his internet. Had been trying to get through on phone for 4 days but not answering. Worried he may end up in prison ! Reassured that would not happen.

Going over this morning to show him how to request paperwork by email. 

Tell them to ring Harmer & demand a paper copy, absolutely a shambles for the non computer literate or no access to internet 

Me : I've just found a census return in an unoccupied commercial building while doing a check.

Census Op : That's fine I'll mark it as an empty property and that the census is not being returned.

Me : Why not mark it as a commercial property which doesn't need a census form so this won't happen again.

Census Op : No can do, if the property is on the Govt property list we send a form.

Me : So every commercial property will get a form now and in the future, tenants or owners need to ring up and tell you and you need to waste your time by dealing with it each time.

Census Op : Yes

Words fail me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VikingRaider said:

Me : I've just found a census return in an unoccupied commercial building while doing a check.

Census Op : That's fine I'll mark it as an empty property and that the census is not being returned.

Me : Why not mark it as a commercial property which doesn't need a census form so this won't happen again.

Census Op : No can do, if the property is on the Govt property list we send a form.

Me : So every commercial property will get a form now and in the future, tenants or owners need to ring up and tell you and you need to waste your time by dealing with it each time.

Census Op : Yes

Words fail me.

I suppose it's in case there is a change of use and they need to check, but then why not use the information to assess what usage there is of commercial property at the same time?  Though of course we are constantly assured that there are no empty properties and that's why they need to build loads of new ones.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2021 at 12:43 PM, Banker said:

Tell them to ring Harmer & demand a paper copy, absolutely a shambles for the non computer literate or no access to internet 

Some cannot afford either.

Ray Harmer - the "by Default Minister" . We are all organ donors now if we did'nt opt out. I will choose as and when I want and my relatives know my preferences. 

We seem to be losing choices for how we live out lives increasingly. Is dictatorship easier for us then democracy I wonder. Then we don't have to think for ourselves.

30 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Tax office took my spleen this week.

They seem to be 'fine tooth combing' currently to make up their shortfalls.

Much-vaunted Departmental silo mentality alive and well? Some can't stop spending, others are trying to find it?

• Like 1

I've been kicked off the website over 20 times this morning with 'sorry theres a problem', I'm still on the first questions about one of four occupiers. At what point legally is it reasonable for me to either switch off and say this is unworkable or bill them for my time as its their problem ?

• Like 1