Census 2021

Non-Believer

27 minutes ago, Chutney said:

I've been kicked off the website over 20 times this morning with 'sorry theres a problem', I'm still on the first questions about one of four occupiers. At what point legally is it reasonable for me to either switch off and say this is unworkable or bill them for my time as its their problem ?

Take a couple of screenshots of the errors with the time on, a good hour or so apart I reckon you could argue you'd taken reasonable steps to complete it.

FWIW I did mine this morning without a hitch. It's a bit intrusive but not as bad as some were making it out to be.

Quite astonishing after having up to 10 years to sort this and make sure its carried out trouble free and professionally  they have managed to make such a cockup of the task.  . Logistics in Government is clearly not a strong point. No wonder they are not prepared to change the vaccination timetable .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Not got ours through the post. When /if I get it, and can be arsed filling it in, I’ll just put ‘cannot recall’ in the boxes.

That's part of the problem though. Anything that is not filled in what they consider correctly put's an error sign up which doesn't always indicate what the fault is. The instructions are vague as well such as having to put yes or no to qualifications for example. If one ticks yes to the qualifications one has why put no to the ones you don't have.....weird imo.

• Like 2

finally finished. What an intrusive waste of my time that was. 

Thommo, my old man refused to fill in certain parts back in the 80s, he got a whopping fine as i recall. 

I wonder which government departments have access to this data.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chutney said:

Thommo, my old man refused to fill in certain parts back in the 80s, he got a whopping fine as i recall. 

He’ll have been given several opportunities, on census day itself, by enumerators collecting, by follow up, and after summons, but before court. 

13 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Probably none, it’ll all go to the UK and never be looked at again.  

The info is anonymised and analysed here. There’s access to the analysed results, they’re published, you can go look up the reports for the last 5 censuses, the deccenials and the mid year minis, but not to the underlying data, which is not accessible for 100 years.

At least this year we didn’t get write in options for religion. Was it 20 years ago we got lots of Jedi write ins. 

Im not sure what relevance the sexuality questions had, but historically questions about indoor loos, bathrooms, heating, white goods, etc. have informed public policy.

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Quite astonishing after having up to 10 years to sort this and make sure its carried out trouble free and professionally  they have managed to make such a cockup of the task.  . Logistics in Government is clearly not a strong point. No wonder they are not prepared to change the vaccination timetable .

It was easy. There isn’t an issue getting a paper form, and you’ve got until 14 June. 

The problem is Twitterati and FB Karen’s whingeing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It was easy. There isn’t an issue getting a paper form, and you’ve got until 14 June. 

The problem is Twitterati and FB Karen’s whingeing.

That's hash and not true.

Lots of people weren't able to enter their own postcode.

The error messages if data wasn't correct were total pants.

The phone lines weren't sufficiently manned.

The phone lines weren't even active when the first letters landed 

Last weekend the site completely failed.

Reports today of the site crashing on people.

Lots of people who have asked for paper form still don't have them.

Personally I never have problems parking in Douglas.  Doesn't mean I can't accept that other people own situation and experiences might be different to mine.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chutney said:

all of them by the time some retard has  just copied all responses and then carbon copied every email address they received back and forwarded everything to everybody in their address database.  but don't worry, data protection will do fuck all about it like last time.  i see no use for most of the questions asked,  i thought the census was just about how many, what age, what gender ,  what all the religion / sexuality shit etc has do do with anything fuck knows.  maybe they want to know who to persecute next.

• Like 1

There’s at least 2 blocks of flats with 15/20 people in each where the census forms are left in big piles & ignored by the occupiers. A number of them don’t speak English as first language & will struggle to complete & the others are people who won’t be bothered, have no money as on benefits so fines are pointless.

• Like 1