Census 2021

Non-Believer

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Minister Harmer is not available for comment according to MR. Neither last night nor this morning.

I wonder what he is doing...

...defaulting ?

They don't need a money tree, proper testing would have caught this issue.  If it was developed by PDMS then find a new provider capable of writing modern scalable code.  If it was internal, promote the developer to a management position and get some capable staff in.

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

They don't have a money tree.

Not every solution involves spending more money. It is about designing, testing and applying and in the planning stages, considering likely issues and responses to ensure the project is successful. Its pretty standard stuff, unless you are working for the Cabinet Office, apparently. 

• Like 6

Agree with comments above . Its so not about money , or wasn't but clearly it will be now . In embarking on a project like this surely before implementing it a few basic questions should have been asked. Can our server and web site handle the volume , clearly this wasnt addressed as it didnt. If they would have asked that question they then would have been prepared for the volume of requests for forms and the massive volume of calls and emails. They should of established also the access issues with Fairfield school and the then need to move headquarters to another more user friendly building. These questions and answers would have been , or should have been , flagged up months ago if anyone with any inteligence and knowhow would have been involved . Check lists through the whole process and then if all okay and can tick all the boxes its ready to go live . They should have caught on with the failure of the 111 number and staff shortages but clearly they failed miserably . There's managers picking up big salaries to carry out basic tasks like this and they failed spectacularly . I notice Harmer is keeping his head down as is the CM on this matter !!! So hundreds of extra forms printed , extra staff employed to answer phones and mail out forms and then good luck to colating it all to arrive at a acceptable result . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

Jeepers Creepers 

A few technical problems plus a bit of human error and the whole thing in some people’s eyes becomes an unforgivable fiasco!

It will all get sorted. Those who want to complete their  census form  will have the opportunity to do so without any threat of a fine hanging over them.

As the youngsters say, “ take a chill pill”

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

As the youngsters say, “ take a chill pill”

Yes I believe youngsters did say that…in 1967.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wotever.

Filled my paper version in, where was that ‘head of the household’ bit people have been moaning about?  Have they  printed new, different copies to what is on an internet line?  

Mine had a ‘do you love Howie or Ashy’ question and I had to staple a picture of my ball sack to the last page..  I’m starting to think I’ve been had by my neighbour. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Wotever.

Filled my paper version in, where was that ‘head of the household’ bit people have been moaning about?  Have they  printed new, different copies to what is on an internet line?  

Mine had a ‘do you love Howie or Ashy’ question and I had to staple a picture of my ball sack to the last page..  I’m starting to think I’ve been had by my neighbour. 

If you had done it online, a PDF of your ball sack would have been fine and you could keep a copy for future use.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/1/2021 at 8:57 AM, joebean said:

Cabinet Office triumphs again. Incompetence, arrogance, authoritarianism and conceit, fuelled by large salaries and zero scrutiny. 

True.

As I have commented before, with the best Chief Minister in the world you can only work with the tools at your disposal. We have a lot of tools, and it’s Chief is the biggest, so there you go. Chris Thomas made a decent go of things and I don’t things would have gone this bad had he still been in post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

True.

As I have commented before, with the best Chief Minister in the world you can only work with the tools at your disposal. We have a lot of tools, and it’s Chief is the biggest, so there you go. Chris Thomas made a decent go of things and I don’t things would have gone this bad had he still been in post. 

Chris Thomas said on radio that the post office had offered to run census project as they have done previously but it was declined by cabinet office as they said they could do it more efficiently in house!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1