Census 2021

Non-Believer

3 hours ago, Declan said:

It's a form that takes 10 minutes to complete. If you can't get connected wait and try later. Not ideal, but not a reason to kick off. Save your anger for the many things they've truely cocked up.

This being one of them

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Wonder did you get the GCSE option depending what age you had put ?? 1986 they started I think. I have none of them so the question didnt require my input 😂

It was asking if 2 year olds had A levels or degrees. I'm not sure it was that sophisticated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peter Layman said:

This being one of them

It's not like the census is a trivial thing. It's literally the most important piece of feedback/research Government will get in the next decade. It's something that will to some extent impact all decisions made by the next Tynwald regime. It's not something that should have been cocked up in such a cack handed way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

It was asking if 2 year olds had A levels or degrees. I'm not sure it was that sophisticated.

Somewhere there will be a bunch of government funded nerds congratulating themselves on this debacle of an online questionnaire 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's not like the census is a trivial thing. It's literally the most important piece of feedback/research Government will get in the next decade. It's something that will to some extent impact all decisions made by the next Tynwald regime. It's not something that should have been cocked up in such a cack handed way.

The question that made me lol was the one asking about internet access. HTF did they think the person had accessed the feckin thing

2 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

The question that made me lol was the one asking about internet access. HTF did they think the person had accessed the feckin thing

The government did not have Internet access when I was filling it in😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Un fucking believable...

It's the Isle of Man Government where failure and mediocrity are tolerated and often rewarded and celebrated. 

I'm sure there will be individuals there who put in a decent shift. The front line workers usually are the decent ones. They're failed by management.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

Screenshot_20210602-225456_Twitter.jpg

They have indeed had a very busy few days.

They've unexpectedly had to produce and arrange the posting out of reams of hard-copy Census forms for a process that was supposed to be online by default, by their own statement, and which for a great many people proved not to be.

Must have been a considerable amount of extra work. Just as well they were being paid for it.

By us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Screenshot_20210602-225456_Twitter.jpg

What an absolute crawling creep Hooperman is. Principles? Scruples? He could have done something, nope he stayed schtum! I expect the likes of Ashie to be so ingratiated themselves as HRH The Chief Ministers lapdog (as widely mocked mercilessly by Takeover TV, as seen on Facebook and linked on the Isle of Man News and Politics Page), but I expected better from Hooper. Must be the money.

On 6/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, 2112 said:

We are sadly reliant on the good people of Peel and Glenfaba to do their civic duty and vote out the two sitting clowns. If HRH The Chief Minister won’t exercise his authority and grow a set, show he understands actually does something, then I’m afraid it’s down to the voters. Tim nice but Dim was many things, but he must be a better bet, and I think Kate Lord Brennan will get in as well. 

You can rely on us, 4 less votes from this household and less another 10 from family.

Edited by Beelzebub3

On 6/3/2021 at 4:05 AM, 2112 said:

What an absolute crawling creep Hooperman is. Principles? Scruples? He could have done something, nope he stayed schtum! I expect the likes of Ashie to be so ingratiated themselves as HRH The Chief Ministers lapdog (as widely mocked mercilessly by Takeover TV, as seen on Facebook and linked on the Isle of Man News and Politics Page), but I expected better from Hooper. Must be the money.

The money?