Census 2021

Non-Believer

1 minute ago, buncha wankas said:

Paper article this week stated new residents near 800 added  since March 2020   That’s near 3 times the usual. 
going to be expensive for NHS as I would put money on it being aged or older residents. 

someone pulled the plug, we are going to be drained. 

watching the vaccine numbers with interest as that will be a reality show. 

But equally how many have left . Agree on age demographics though .  

• 2 months later...

I highly suspect this census is going to be another full of government cock ups.

My colleague lives in a block of 4 Apartments and they got one letter for the block address, despite them all being separate apartments, all separate postal addresses and all on the electoral register - with 10 people in all of the apartments altogether.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I highly suspect this census is going to be another full of government cock ups.

My colleague lives in a block of 4 Apartments and they got one letter for the block address, despite them all being separate apartments, all separate postal addresses and all on the electoral register - with 10 people in all of the apartments altogether.

I agree, my 87 year old mother and many of her friends are totally confused by letters, some are panicking as they think they need to use their bank pin codes to do!!

anyway I called census office & they are sending a paper form to her.

Why couldn’t they just send the paper form with letter as well as digital option?

• Like 2

My letter arrived today, I've just spent 20min trying to start my return by getting the Census site to accept the supplied 10 digit code (and my postcode), without success. Looks like we should have stuck with paper and penny blacks...

• Like 1

Be honest , is anyone really surprised that theres issues with the on line census form and access . I'm not in the slightest and havent bothered trying it till they either abandon the project or sort out the cliches . Wonder how its going to cope around the big day ?? 

Edited by Numbnuts

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Wonder how its going to cope around the big day ?? 

If you can get the online census to work, you can fill it in anytime from now. I did mine today. The site took a while to load but it was ok once it got going. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

If you can get the online census to work, you can fill it in anytime from now. I did mine today. The site took a while to load but it was ok once it got going. 

Are you not , as previous , to fill it in on the night of 30th ?? But thanks for that 

Edited by Numbnuts

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I got two letters, slightly different addresses but the postman saw through it. 

I haven’t received the letter. Tried ringing the census line to get a paper form and it rang in nobody answering the phone. My MHK Bill Shimmins, another one that hates answering his phone, told me the census office opens next week. 

I predict a clusterfcuk of a disaster, seeing as it’s being overseen by Ray Harmer - enough said!

• Thanks 1

I once contactedRay Harmer about the traffic speeding g near where I lived. He never got back to me. I will send his form back when he has the decency to get in touch.

I certainly won't mess about on the inter web with it. I often put things down and forget where I put them....

Apple, there are a lot of people who won’t use the internet, haven’t the skills to use a computer and do not have broadband, or own a computer. The poor and vulnerable which have been identified recently by a Tynpotwald report, don’t have broadband. Many rely on mobile phones, so people rely on a fast speed and good reception. Manx Telecom and Sure mobile reception isn’t brilliant. 

I wonder if the Peoples Prince is going to provide internet and laptops along with assistance in completing this overburdened task? I know the voters of Middle will get zero help or empathy, from our shite MHKs.