Census 2021

Non-Believer

9 hours ago, Cambon said:

Well, unless I peg it between now and midnight tomorrow, my name, date of birth, residency, nationality, language, education, qualifications, occupation situation, etc. are not going to change. If they had sent me a Paper copy to fill in, I would still have done most of it in advance, but in half the time or less. I will go in again tomorrow, just to check. However, if it crashes, just once, I will give up. 

But then you'll risk being fined up to £1,000 for not completing it.

Just sayin' like 😉

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But then you'll risk being fined up to £1,000 for not completing it.

Just sayin' like 😉

Correct.

By those rules and the big stick of IOMG, rules is rules mentality and no deviation from the rules, otherwise your GUILTY. Let’s face it there will be loads of poor, vulnerable and elderly people up before the beaks, for some nice show trials. If they don’t pay, will they be filling Jurby Hilton up, to serve a month? 

Or is Government saying one thing and then will do the opposite, to the fury of those who play by the rules?

54 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Correct.

By those rules and the big stick of IOMG, rules is rules mentality and no deviation from the rules, otherwise your GUILTY. Let’s face it there will be loads of poor, vulnerable and elderly people up before the beaks, for some nice show trials. If they don’t pay, will they be filling Jurby Hilton up, to serve a month? 

Or is Government saying one thing and then will do the opposite, to the fury of those who play by the rules?

No, multiple efforts will be made to contact and encourage them to complete the forms. Chase letters. Enumerators will call at your door, with paper copies. You’ll get multiple chances to complete. Only then if you neglect or refuse do you risk a summons, and level of fine will be small, even an absolute or conditional discharge as long as you get the duty advocate to complete it with you before the special Census court sits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Genius.  First page.  code and postcode.

Postcode field lets you enter in any format but if you do it without a space(which it allows) it just gives a generic error.  

Yes people should use a space in postcodes, but any half decent system either tells you to, doesn't allow you not to, or at least narrows down where the issue is in the error message.

17 hours ago, trmpton said:

But doing it early is stupid.  It is a snapshot in time, one night only.

Unlikely but possible.  You get admitted to hospital  or end up in the Jurby Hilton or die between doing the census and census day.

You will bugger the info up.

They really haven't stressed anywhere that I can see that it meant to be done on a certain date.

It clearly says that it should be done on the day, or you can do it on the day if you're confident the info won't change - just as with a paper one.

Loads of people complain that census website doesn't work. Do you

• Attempt to complete your census a week early on a Sunday and publicly complain when it doesn't work
  • Wait a few days to see if they take on board complaints and fix it, and do it then

Hmmmmm?

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

• Attempt to complete your census a week early on a Sunday and publicly complain when it doesn't work
  • Wait a few days to see if they take on board complaints and fix it, and do it then

Hmmmmm?

It won't be fixed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hmmmmm?

The question that needs to be asked is why is it failing , why wasnt it checked out properly and are they even going to be able to fix it and test it in time for the main surge. Its a clusterfuck tbh and after the mess with the last one. Seems like technology and government have too many issues . My money is still on its not getting fixed and zillions of people are going to be required to answer queries on line and on phone and assist with filling the form in .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

I just tried to pay my car tax, a process that normally takes 2-3 minutes. After half an hour of timeouts and slow loading pages, I gave up.

Seems that the census overload is dragging the whole Online Services functionality down.......

37 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I just tried to pay my car tax, a process that normally takes 2-3 minutes. After half an hour of timeouts and slow loading pages, I gave up.

Seems that the census overload is dragging the whole Online Services functionality down.......

It is a joke.

Even if everyone did it at once there must only be about 30,000 households.

How on earth have they built a website that can't cope a week early? 

I can really see them having to declare this null and void.

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

It is a joke.

Even if everyone did it at once there must only be about 30,000 households.

How on earth have they built a website that can't cope a week early? 

I can really see them having to declare this null and void.

My thoughts exactly . Bet a tenner on it having to reschedule it . Quite sad really that I'm reasonably confident I will win. If it does go ahead its going to cost a fortune in salaries and forms and the likes .