Census 2021

Non-Believer

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m afraid there are many on here who just wish to slate the Government, even with incorrect information, or dare I say it , made up stuff.

Don’t know why, but these pages are riddled with it.

Go on the census site right now and see how you get on, or tey and do car tax, or income tax, or any for a covid return.

Its broken.  Error 500. Internal server error 

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok I accept your challenge and will report back. I have my 10 digit census ref number.

While I respect your stand based on your profile name I'm sorry but your flogging a dead horse trying to convince many of us that government infrastructure isnt broken and mainly because of lack of quality in management . Nothing is going to convince me differently as just in this census issue how is it crashing virtually as soon as going live. There was the issues with e mails not being received too confirming vaccine appointments. Many other issues sadly. As I said your flogging a dead horse I'm afraid . 

Edited by Numbnuts

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m afraid there are many on here who just wish to slate the Government, even with incorrect information, or dare I say it , made up stuff.

It's this site's raison d'etre not made up or incorrect just calling them out for appalling incompetence in almost every area.

Edited by finlo

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok I accept your challenge and will report back. I have my 10 digit census ref number.

Can save you the effort  it appears to be working right now as after your challenge I logged in and finished in two minutes what we had spent 45 trying to do earlier

6 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m afraid your beloved IOMG has made a complete dogs breakfast of things, yet again. When it goes arse over face, the website crashes and government flunkies are inundated with calls for paper forms, you know things are bad. After all it’s not as though they haven’t had to practice getting it right. 

If people want to give inaccurate information then it’s their choice. Are the police going to be checking whether the factually correct?

The problems could be due to many reasons, some even nothing to do with the government IT bods - from the gov website:

Service Update

Intermittent Service Availability

Please be advised that we are experiencing intermittent service availability at this time, so there may be some service disruption. We apologise for any inconvenience.

5 minutes ago, kevster said:

Please be advised that we are experiencing intermittent service availability at this time, so there may be some service disruption. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Thats it then. Paper it is.

Haven't got the time to wait for them to provide a decent service any more. I'm a busy person. 😷

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Thats it then. Paper it is.

Haven't got the time to wait for them to provide a decent service any more. I'm a busy person. 😷

Your clearly on top of it and making a decision based on your expections of the powers that be not getting it right any time soon. And I concur with your judgement. But what about about the vast majority who will wait till the weekend to do it on line then cant ? Historically remember you always had to wait till the actual day of the census to fill in the form .    

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Historically remember you always had to wait till the actual day of the census to fill in the form .    

That is what I intended to do now.

I would suggest others do as well. Government is determined to send us down the digital route but sadly has not prepared all sections of society with what we all need to ....ahem....comply.

Looking at the reams and reams of paper used in Tynwald and the HoK it looks yet again like one rule for us and beggar the rest. When will they learn that leadership means from the front, usually by example, not pushing from behind.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trmpton said:

Nope.  Just truthful.

Check Facebook.  The whole government services were offline for hours today.

20210523_215345.jpg

Afraid I don’t do Facebook but am happy to take your word for it.

All organizations have the occasional IT glitch,

As Kevster says this may not be down to the Government but a third party.

However if it is the responsibility of the Government they deserve congratulations for getting it fixed so soon with minimum inconvenience to the users.

As