Census 2021

Non-Believer

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

So why indicate that it's,'top right hand side'? Especially as there is a code printed there?

Post codes are not always written with a space, in my experience.

Don't intend to be awkward or argumentative, just making a point.

Same point I made yesterday.  Total lack of input validation. Rubbish. Wouldn't get a sign of for a work experience project in most proper offices

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevster said:

As with other things, people don't always follow the official style rules 

Well quite - but this is the Census.  They're expecting everyone to fill it in completely and accurately.  And that's everyone, not just those who have a PhD in bureaucracy and infinite amount of time. 

Now even with normal on-line activity, systems should be designed so those with less than average (never mind expert) abilities should be able to use them reliably.  But with the Census you have to set levels of comprehension/attention even lower because  everyone is going to be encountering them.  And you have to plan things so that every unlikely circumstance is catered for - because you are covering everything that does happen by definition.

I have tried the much vaunted census telephone number, getting a gobble de gook unintelligible voicemail message, so knowone knows if you have reached the census office!

Secondly the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece says in its news that the census office is at the old job centre at Nivison House. Yet the address on the letter clearly states Fairfield School Building. Have the Census Team created another mini empire? I was told be someone that the old Fairfield School is in a mess as kids have broken and vandalised it, Along with burst water pipes causing damage - the same damage inflicted on the old Ballacloan School, 

• Confused 1

I get the feeling that someone is just getting paid to play around with this and create some fancy statistics on some expensive new software, for no good purpose, and all at the taxpayer's expense. When there's no good reason for doing something it usually ends up in farce and more money pissed away by Government. I thought the previous Census was meant to be the last ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1