Sewage, something stinks!

Max Power

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I am 100% sure they did. They are only tiny biodisk filters. They are run by a private company. I will see if I can find out more.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

I've been unable to find anything online. Even looked at the environmental bit on Dandara's About Us section of their website. If they were including treatment facilities in their developments to help protect the environment, I'd expect them to be blowing their own horns and shouting it from the rooftops. 

One thing I didn't look at though, was something in the search results from the government. I'm not sure if it's about the sewage problem in Peel in general, or if it's specific to Dandara's Peel developments. It's a PDF and I can't download it on my phone and currently don't have access to another device. 

Edited by Zarley
Typo

This literally smells of sweeping it under the carpet once again unless the report is released, I know a little but enough to say kevin was one of the decent guys at defa a clever guy who just got on with his job, hopefully someone like Cowin can pick into it. I don’t suppose it would be to hard to work out who the civil servant was, as am assuming they’d have to be in same department to sanction the order. Cleverer people than me will know but if the report was of little evidential value then why not release it. 

Edited by GreyWolf
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

This literally smells of sweeping it under the carpet once again unless the report is released, I know a little but enough to say kevin was one of the decent guys at defa a clever guy who just got on with his job, hopefully someone like Cowin can pick into it. I don’t suppose it would be to hard to work out who the civil servant was, as am assuming they’d have to be in same department to sanction the order. Cleverer people than me will know but if the report was of little evidential value then why not release it. 

Because, as is usual with IoMG, something stinks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GreyWolf said:

Cleverer people than me will know but if the report was of little evidential value then why not release it. 

Because it wasn't deemed to be of evidential value to Kennington's case for unfair dismissal.  Obviously it might be evidence of all sorts of other things, but those aren't the business of the Employment Tribunal.  The full judgment is here:

https://www.judgments.im/content/ET 20-32 Dr Kevin Kennington V Public Service Commission.pdf

as you can see there's quite a lot of revealing information about the way DEFA operated over the dumping and just generally and also about the role of the Chief Secretary in suppressing information.  So even if the Report isn't revealed by this case, a lot more has been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Fucking hell, everyone should read that. The way our civil service goes about its business is awful. Will Greenhow just sounds like such a bastard.

Of course ALL of this is because someone had a few mates with yachts. Pricks.

It is, quite simply, a society within a society with a culture based on self-service and self-preservation. And completely unaccountable in that.

• Like 2

The allegation that Mr XY had knowingly sanctioned deliberate pollution of controlled waters was upheld in full.

Twat.

The Department works to protect and enhance the Island’s natural assets within the core principles of environmental, economic and social sustainability; whilst optimising quality of life, international reputation, food production energy security and outdoor amenity.

Bullshit.

Watch what they do not what they say.