Sewage, something stinks!

Max Power

On 9/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, TheTeapot said:

Fucking hell, everyone should read that. The way our civil service goes about its business is awful. Will Greenhow just sounds like such a bastard.

Of course ALL of this is because someone had a few mates with yachts. Pricks.

I think that gentleman needs to be  bluntly told he is there to serve the Manx Public and not protect the Civil Service. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Although most of the face workers aren't too bad

Most dealings are by phone nowadays and my golden rule is to get a name. Be polite but direct.

I know everyone has a bad day but seriously if your job is to answer the phone to enquiries and you can't be civil or fake being interested then take the day off or transfer.  

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Its not really to do with sewage as such. It's more that someone made the decision to shove the raggart leachate down the sewers rather than the rivers. It would have still ended up in the sea. By either route. The sewer route has the advantage of protecting the rivers and the river life. 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=65532&headline=Manx Utilities to use Garwick for its sewage works&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2022

Well until the locals complain about having a sewage works to treat their own sh#$. Then the planners will buckle again. And around we go. Three roundabouts,  shedding money as they spin. Peel, laxey, baldrine?

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=65532&headline=Manx Utilities to use Garwick for its sewage works&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2022

Well until the locals complain about having a sewage works to treat their own sh#$. Then the planners will buckle again. And around we go. Three roundabouts,  shedding money as they spin. Peel, laxey, baldrine?

Given the huge increase in energy costs  has anyone factored in the onward running costs of Pumping sewage out of laxey , up over the hill to Lonan ,and Garwick,  then on to Onchan , surly  a stand alone sewage treatment works  constructed in Lower laxey using the latest  environmental  standards , has to be the best option     I feel this will be another out of control cost project,         and  that the rest of the island will be forced to bare by outrageous  ,sewerage charges ,

time someone in Tynwald was asking is this the best value for money solution ?    I don't think so !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Given the huge increase in energy costs  has anyone factored in the onward running costs of Pumping sewage out of laxey , up over the hill to Lonan ,and Garwick,  then on to Onchan , surly  a stand alone sewage treatment works  constructed in Lower laxey using the latest  environmental  standards , has to be the best option     I feel this will be another out of control cost project,         and  that the rest of the island will be forced to bare by outrageous  ,sewerage charges ,

time someone in Tynwald was asking is this the best value for money solution ?    I don't think so !

This

As I said before it is still going to need a huge tank and huge multiple pumps at the harbour in Laxey to pump the SH1T

Better a huge tank and treatment, IT WOULD BE A LOT QUIETER over the next 100 years or so of its lifespan..

Either way the harbour area of Laxey is bound to get 2-3 years of massive civil engineering and that will include rock removal like you see on the TV with explosives................................

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

It's not about best value. It's not even about the best solution. It's about being popular and not loosing votes. 

Its about time a politician with some balls sorted this out. 

• Like 1