Sewage, something stinks!

Max Power

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Yes, it's literally crap reporting. 

A litre is indeed small, but it's relatable metric.  You could guess fairly accurately how many litres in a sink or a toilet flush etc.  If it was decalitres or cubic km or something, you'd have a point. 

Yes we're aware that raw sewage is pumped into Peel & Laxey, but it's the sheer volume that blew me away. 

It's the same volume per head of population as any other town or city in the world.

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Is there to be any form of treatment before it is pumped into the sea between Laxey & Baldrine?

Yes, MUA bought land for this, I think. Lots of small plants around the coast of Cornwall which treat and then release.

Deffo not rocket science.

51 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Is there to be any form of treatment before it is pumped into the sea between Laxey & Baldrine?

Yes. Same as Ramsey and about 10 similar packaged sewage treatment plants around the Island that treat it to at least the same standard as Meary Veg.

Like @GD4ELI says these plants are now the most effective way of treating sewage locally and are widely used. Pumping it to a central location is no longer favoured now that these plants are available.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Do you know where this land is?

I understand that they have purchased Garwick Glen (land and house) although true to form they have allegedly already completed on the purchase so not able to back out if planning permission is not obtained. 

I am sure the residents of Clay Head Road will enjoy having the plant literally under their noses. 

I wonder what they are going to do with the site they bought in Laxey in anticipation of planning permission that was refused??   

13 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

I understand that they have purchased Garwick Glen (land and house) although true to form they have allegedly already completed on the purchase so not able to back out if planning permission is not obtained. 

I am sure the residents of Clay Head Road will enjoy having the plant literally under their noses. 

I wonder what they are going to do with the site they bought in Laxey in anticipation of planning permission that was refused??   Sell it probably

You understand or you know?

1 hour ago, Mistercee said:

Understand - I have been told but have not seen evidence to enable me to "know".  

OK. They are quite different things. Unless you know someone very much involved in the process. Seems MU are keeping their powder dry this time round and there is some mystery. Hopefully they will have learned from previous lessons. Be hard to get round the fact that the silly people of Laxey want to send their sewage elsewhere at someone else's cost Only on the Isle of Man would they get away with that.

Can't blame them for trying I guess

• Like 1