Sewage, something stinks!

Max Power

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Have you ever been to Boacastle?

People say have you seen the sewage works in boscastle? The answer is usually no. It's there though. The locals were full of fear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/3706347.stm

Unlike us, they sorted it out.

The reason you haven't seen the sewage works in Boscastle is probably because it's in Trevalga, the next bay along.  Rather like what is proposed for Laxey.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Aye. They did. The proposed sewage treatment plant wasn’t where the are but lower down. Gawd knows what they’ll do with it now. Not a felt museum that’s for sure. Too much salty water. 

Submarine pens?

I can see an all expenses paid trade delegation to N Korea or Russia for our Politicos. Juan probably has an outfit ready in his dressing up box.

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The reason you haven't seen the sewage works in Boscastle is probably because it's in Trevalga, the next bay along.  Rather like what is proposed for Laxey.

You have been on Google again? Nowt wrong with that. It's my friend too. 

What do the people of trevalga think about their sewage works? 

The area in the corner of the car park in Boscastle car park must be the pump station. 

Just now, Happier diner said:

You have been on Google again? Nowt wrong with that. It's my friend too. 

What do the people of trevalga think about their sewage works? 

The area in the corner of the car park in Boscastle car park must be the pump station. 

They made an application to discharge sewage.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-59004-760835

Any other information is sketchy. 

But they did get planning consent to build one in Boscastle. I had a friend there who was objecting.

Maybe someone from Laxey got wind of it and stopped it in its tracks.  

On 2/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, Boris Johnson said:

Rubbish, A litre is not a small unit, its weighs a kilo so every 1,000 litres is 1 Metric tonne of sewage.

That is a lot of sh1t.

Whichever way you want to polish it.................

ETA Laxey shit flows by gravity to the harbour area and is then held  in a tank until high tide, then released.

Peel - I dont know, other than the bay and surrounding areas should have a very large Health Warning attached due to the shit and heavy metals.

So given that there are about 2,000 residents in Laxey, each resident is producing 1-2 metric tonnes of sewage a day. Equates to them all going to the toilet about 200 times a day each. Blimey, who would have thought.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Newbie said:

So given that there are about 2,000 residents in Laxey, each resident is producing 1-2 metric tonnes of sewage a day. Equates to them all going to the toilet about 200 times a day each. Blimey, who would have thought.

I hope you’re not suggesting that our Laxey correspondent is full of shite? 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

He was my first ever real crush.

Well, if you listen to the clip, he's explaining how to get rid of 'tunnel dirt' - now there's an euphanism you don't often hear - without causing a stink, as it were.....

• Haha 2

Just now, Roxanne said:

I'm not fighting you for him Gladys.  Not today.  :D

No, not today.  Going to the paddock, but I think my idealised vision  of young men in leathers will be shaken by the reality of paunchy old men, but they will be in leathers!

• Haha 1