Sewage, something stinks!

Max Power

4 hours ago, Zarley said:

Where are these sewage works in the new Peel developments? I've not seen any. 

Regarding people not realising that raw sewage is still discharged into Peel Bay, I suppose some could be forgiven. After all, they did build that huge IRIS underground holding tank on Peel Prom back in the late 90s*. At the time I lived less than 100m from the site and the pile-driving shook the whole house for weeks.

If memory serves, it was never hooked up to anything. Government then went rather quiet on the whole thing. I always thought they just wanted people to assume everything was hunky-dory rather than the shit show that it is. 

*or early 2000s.

If you go and look, you will see them. Generally at the lowest point in each estate. They were forced to do it.

The pump station you refer to pumps sewage out to sea. 

Apparently there is a demonstration in Peel tomorrow organised by the Roots by the Sea Cafe, highlighting the dumping of sewerage out at sea.

It will be interesting to see which potential wannabe MHK will be shoving their faces into the cameras of the press and Paul Moulton. Bandwagons are rolling. Boot and Harmer had opportunities. Another Manx Fiasco.

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Apparently there is a demonstration in Peel tomorrow organised by the Roots by the Sea Cafe, highlighting the dumping of sewerage out at sea.

It will be interesting to see which potential wannabe MHK will be shoving their faces into the cameras of the press and Paul Moulton. Bandwagons are rolling. Boot and Harmer had opportunities. Another Manx Fiasco.

It will be the same lot protesting about sewage in sea who were protesting against having the sewage treatment plant anywhere near them , same as Laxey residents!

Peel & Laxey football fields would be good sites 😂

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 10:18 AM, 2112 said:

Do you work for MR? 😉  Sewerage takes the sewage to the sea.

• Like 2