Sewage, something stinks!

Max Power

On 9/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, Happier diner said:

It would be remarkable if it was true. All the new developments in Peel have sewage works built and operated by the developer. The treated sewage is discharged through the MUAs network, but it IS treated.

In what fashion is it treated?

Clearly whatever is done to it does not render it unattractive to the creatures that gather around the outlet and their presence and discolouration of the water in the posted footage above indicates that there is certainly a discharge occurring?

At best it can only be being sieved to strain out the bigger, artificial pieces such as tampons, the new Ramsey site does that with Northern sewage but there is no such facility of that size in Peel?

1 hour ago, HNWI said:

Clearly whatever is done to it does not render it unattractive to the creatures that gather around the outlet and their presence and discolouration of the water in the posted footage above indicates that there is certainly a discharge occurring?

At best it can only be being sieved to strain out the bigger, artificial pieces such as tampons, the new Ramsey site does that with Northern sewage but there is no such facility of that size in Peel?

Yes I'm still scratching my head over this claim. I can't find any likely structure in the new estates up by the Highwayman, either side of the main road.

Unless they're underground, but I don't recall any large excavations being made, nor are there any likely structures around that look like they could be access for maintenance. 

2 hours ago, HNWI said:

I think you are misunderstanding. They only treat the sewage from the new developments. The vast majority of Peels sewage is untreated...completely

http://new.positiveactiongroup.org/new/2014/09/18/peel-housing-development-meeting/

Edited by Happier diner

59 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Yes I'm still scratching my head over this claim. I can't find any likely structure in the new estates up by the Highwayman, either side of the main road.

Unless they're underground, but I don't recall any large excavations being made, nor are there any likely structures around that look like they could be access for maintenance. 

http://www.isleofman.com/News/details/29472/concerns-over-peel-sewage-plans