Airport.

Billy kettlefish

17 hours ago, snowman said:

Loganair ending Heathrow. Last flight 10 Aug. 

Government subsidy run out ?

With it now being impossible to fly to London, do a day's work & return on the same day.... or more importantly come from London to Isle of Man and do the same, we'll lose more companies to Jersey. 

1 minute ago, Douglas2020 said:

With it now being impossible to fly to London, do a day's work & return on the same day.... or more importantly come from London to Isle of Man and do the same, we'll lose more companies to Jersey. 

I don't think losing people to Jersey is the issue like it once was.

What we need to accept is that a lot of people are moving here to embrace a remote working world and those same people will - at times - need to commute to offices and clients in cities, London being an important one.

The Island has successfully attracted a lot of younger movers for a change in the last 12 months (some 1200 I recall the number being) and ability to connect being more important than ever going forward. Loss of Dublin a big issue too.

Edited by NoTailT

Just now, Joe said:

I wonder when they made the decision?  I booked a through flight with BA on Monday the first and last sectors being Loganiar IOM/LHR/IOM 🤬

I often found it was cheaper to book the Loganair Heathrow flights on BA website than Loganairs own, forgetting connecting flights.

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Which is a 65% load factor on a Loganair E145 based on 28 flights in the month (think its actually less) and at their fares I imagine they're just about covering their nut before any subsidies or support come in to play.

When I used it, it was ATR 42

8 minutes ago, snowman said:

Loganair have issued a statement and cited funding withdrawn by IOMG

EDIT to add link

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/loganair-to-drop-unviable-isle-of-man-heathrow-route

BA have had a message on their page talking about restarting City flights in 2022 for a while, though I don't have any great confidence in it happening. 

Flights to Isle Of Man (IOM) | Book now with British Airways

Paper shifting, conferences, internet working, working from home, discussions, conversations, designing, predicting, lawmaking, arguing, group thinks. Doesn't anyone in the Western world actually produce anything physically tangible any more?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I don't think losing people to Jersey is the issue like it once was.

What we need to accept is that a lot of people are moving here to embrace a remote working world and those same people will - at times - need to commute to offices and clients in cities, London being an important one.

The Island has successfully attracted a lot of younger movers for a change in the last 12 months (some 1200 I recall the number being) and ability to connect being more important than ever going forward. Loss of Dublin a big issue too.

What’s your source for evidence of this?

9 minutes ago, Twitch said:

What’s your source for evidence of this?

Enterprise data, can't remember where it was published. But based on work permits/immigration stuff. Also goes a long way to explain the housing issue right now.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1