Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm very honest too but not sure not bailing out government infrastructure would be dishonest. As I said , why not as a alternative idea , just fix it or replace it. The Airport actually tells you just to park and ignore payment rules. Surprisingly noting your Voice of Reason name it seems in this case you've lost that honour . Maybe you've turned over to the darkside ! . And as for the Shoprite analogy , thats nonsense , apples and pears .  

You’re not bailing out government infrastructure, just paying unto Caesar what is due to Caesar as Jesus instructed.

The parking fees lost ( thousands of pounds I would imagine) would maybe help in some small way in alleviating the poverty issue discussed in another thread.

I think the Shoprite anology is perfectly valid, In both cases you are getting something you should pay for for nothing and someone, be it the Government or Shoprite are losing out. How is that nonsense.? I’d like to hear your explanation.

My user name remains unblemished.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think the Shoprite anology is perfectly valid, In both cases you are getting something you should pay for for nothing and someone, be it the Government or Shoprite are losing out. How is that nonsense.? I’d like to hear your explanation.

My user name remains unblemished.

You wouldn't be allowed to leave the store if you didnt pay. Its a private company. The airport car park belongs to the Manx nation who DOI have decreed they will charge to park on it. If they cant be arsed to fix the barriers then thats down to them.

Ohhh in my view its so not unblemished now !    

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You wouldn't be allowed to leave the store if you didnt pay. Its a private company. The airport car park belongs to the Manx nation who DOI have decreed they will charge to park on it. If they cant be arsed to fix the barriers then thats down to them.

Ohhh in my view its so not unblemished now !    

Hang on a minute. It’s hardly the case they can’t be arsed to fix the barriers, you yourself a few posts ago said they couldn’t get the parts. Which is it ?

My username has now been enhanced by this exchange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hang on a minute. It’s hardly the case they can’t be arsed to fix the barriers, you yourself a few posts ago said they couldn’t get the parts. Which is it ?

My username has now been enhanced by this exchange.

If they cant be arsed ..!!! Get new !! Either way after months and months !! 

The barriers are broke apparently . Need parts . My quote , stop being selective with my quotes ! 

In your diminished opinion 

Edited by Numbnuts

On 12/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to that very Sky News article:

Planned re-signalling work at London Victoria had already resulted in most Southern trains due to serve the station between 27 December and 3 January being diverted to run to and from London Bridge.

This was timed to coincide with the festive period when demand for travel is low.

Since you had originally claimed:

No Gatwick Express or Southern train services into London Victoria due to staff shortages. Largely down to staff absence arising from the virus but it’s been quite a common issue for several years on that route

I was just pointing out that that wasn't the case currently - what's happened is that Southern have extended that for some days because of Covid's effect on staffing (and I suspect demand).

See below do you still think it’s engineering works ? 

Due to the ongoing effect of coronavirus isolation and sickness, there will be no Gatwick Express services until further notice.

9 minutes ago, Mikimoto said:

BA announces new London City summer flights: none for us but yes for the Channel:

• Guernsey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri
  • Jersey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri

There won't be any for us. The IOM has zero appeal to the BA target market. Channel Islands has much more to offer and better weather. 

Strange, when you look at things to do in Jersey not one mention of heritage on their main page! They know how to market themselves.

image.png.5eaf6edafb157af7c61e8ea4c91c12c4.png

Finally going to go away. 

I just looked at the flights out of the airport to London.

One a day direct.  Sometimes none. Generally at complete useless times.  Completely diabolical. 

It would appear that (unless you're on a motorbike) the biggest hurdle to getting tourists here, will be actually getting tourists here! 

• Like 2