Airport.

Billy kettlefish

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just arrived at airport, nice & early due to reported delays & took exactly 5 minutes to get through security, very friendly team.

Noticed there’s still a big sign near entrance pointing to vaccinations hub!

The significant factor is the number of people in the queue. If there were 20 people, that's an efficient operation. If there was no-one else in the queue, that is not so wonderful.

5 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Above him was Ann Reynolds. Above her was Nick Black. Above him was - a minister? another civil servant?

He's making it up. He was probably just asked to do the job he was being paid to do.... but the state of the airport is the proof that he wasn't doing his job, either because he didn't know how or because he couldn't be arsed and was spending his time on his other commercial activities. Actually the consultants that he engaged are probably testament to the fact that he wasn't capable of handling it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I do find it hard to believe that we employed two "aviation professionals" who employed a firm of consultants to advise them on how to do the job they were employed to do ? Something seems not to make sense there methinks.

Surely knowing the lawful requirements of a commercial airport was a prerequisite for the job ?

As I've said before, the long suffering taxpayers have shelled out 100 million on the facility for less services, less destinations, crumbling infrastructure and an altogether unpleasant customer experience !

I hope the next director has some ink in her / his pen.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Above him was Ann Reynolds. Above her was Nick Black. Above him was - a minister? another civil servant?

And those two have both left... I think it's fair to say we should not take anything he says at face value. You only need to look at his many social media accounts to see that he's fond of "embellishing" the truth. Wasn't he suspended last year from Christmas to Easter pending an investigation into his conduct? Then on his unexpected return the director resigned? There's obviously a lot more to this than what is in his resignation e-mail. We'll probably never hear the airport staffs side of the story, but I expect it would differ somewhat to his version.

• Like 4