Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Probably.  But in the past if you were going away for a month you wouldn't leave your car there, you can now.  They soon build up.  So now it's become impossible to park at the Airport.

Such is the draw of the island!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Probably.  But in the past if you were going away for a month you wouldn't leave your car there, you can now.  They soon build up.  So now it's become impossible to park at the Airport.

And to add to the confusion, there is a permanent ticker on the airport website saying ‘we expect our car parks to be full today.......’

But when I flew out, and parked, on Thursday, there were well over 100 free spaces in the old long stay park.

In typical airport management style, they’re clearly too lazy to give an accurate day by day assessment of the fiasco they they have created. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nellie said:

But when I flew out, and parked, on Thursday, there were well over 100 free spaces in the old long stay park.

What!  That's a whole 350 metres away!!  You can't expect a Manxie to walk that far.  Some of them haven't been that far from their car seat since they were 16.

• Like 4

I know one of the reasons Spake has quoted for resigning is lack of funds to do things, so what has he done about lost revenue from the car parks ... eff all.

Oh didn't someone tell him about the 100 million spent on the place in the past 15 years !

• Like 2

Manchester T2 was okay yesterday. But the security managers need to manage. The process could be speeded up by a third at least. That said passengers don’t help themselves.

the best bit was the 36 quid for 2 return rail journey. 3 minutes walk from the house to Lytham station, cross the platform at Preston then straight through to the airport station. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, John Wright said:

Through security. In lounge. Now I've got 90 mins to waste. I notice the 2 x-ray machines are new. Plenty of staff.

Triggered a security alert. I carry spares for the chair. Essential bolts and brackets, washers, nuts, etc, and a small tool kit. Never been a problem. Supervisor and her line manager had to approve.

Was chatting about the ambulift, with someone who knows. A new one arrived, the old one decommissioned, new one was then rejected as unfit for purpose.

Second new one is at Ronaldsway, but not been commissioned as ground handling haven’t been trained in safe operation.

They kept that quiet!

So, it’s the emergency stair climbing evacuation chair, or a struggle up the steps.

Check in to lounge has taken 40 minutes so far. If I hadn’t brought the tools and spares I’d have been through in 15.

Sure you are probably aware but you can now do gatwick to central London contactless and all the accessible gates *should be equipped. So no real need to pre book 

Lots of intelligent people on here . Can any of you please tell me whats so hard in sourcing /fitting and commisioning a new method of entry into the airport car parks so as income is collected and also there then would be room in the car parks for ongoing passengers. Mind blowing really. How can any organisation turn away around 50k a month ??. Quick google shows token operated one for around 2 1/2k . Obviously that might not be pratical but loads of options. What is the problem with having this dealt with quickly. And no, I dont accept the manx coin issue being why.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lots of intelligent people on here . Can any off you please tell me whats so hard in sourcing /fitting and commisioning a new method of entry into the airport car parks so as income is collected and also there then would be room in the car parks for ongoing passengers. Mind blowing really. How can any organisation turn away around 50k a month ??. Quick google shows token operated one for around 2 1/2k . Obviously that might not be pratical but loads of options. What is the problem with having this dealt with quickly. And no, I dont accept the manx coin issue being why.

Three letters: DOI 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lots of intelligent people on here . Can any off you please tell me whats so hard in sourcing /fitting and commisioning a new method of entry into the airport car parks so as income is collected and also there then would be room in the car parks for ongoing passengers.

Nothing. Could be that the old one is totally knackered though. Maybe they were trying to get it refurbished. Essentially though it just a collection of cables , motors and control systems. Its certainly not rocket science it has been out of action for a ridiculous amount of time now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Nothing. Could be that the old one is totally knackered though. Maybe they were trying to get it refurbished. Essentially though it just a collection of cables , motors and control systems. Its certainly not rocket science it has been out of action for a ridiculous amount of time now.

It’s beyond knackered. That hasn’t been maintained in a long time or it wouldn’t be rusted through like this. 

B404A385-0E99-4888-86C6-D60BF931DCD3.jpeg

E895A30F-BC21-4633-B3BF-39BCF439866B.jpeg

B685552B-36BD-496C-A1A5-10C1C3DDADB4.jpeg