Airport.

Billy kettlefish

30 minutes ago, IOM said:

Works for me too ! Isn’t it fantastic we now have options for flying to London ? Hopefully we will get more people coming on island and contributing to the local economy. Great news let’s get the message out there and those planes full ! 

🤦‍♂️

Hi Dr Allinson is that you?

3 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Refreshments are shit.

I went to London in February. Bought a gin and tonic in the Ronaldsway departure lounge. Surly service, dirty glass (I had to ask for a clean one), no lemon or any other garnish, and I was astonished when I found that the rather lovely gin in a beautiful glass in a really nice friendly pub in central London was actually a quid cheaper than in the IOM airport.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, IOM said:

Works for me too ! Isn’t it fantastic we now have options for flying to London ? Hopefully we will get more people coming on island and contributing to the local economy. Great news let’s get the message out there and those planes full ! 

Someone here also reporting a problem

https://www.facebook.com/1081154361914621/posts/5698064473556897/

16 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I went to London in February. Bought a gin and tonic in the Ronaldsway departure lounge. Surly service, dirty glass (I had to ask for a clean one), no lemon or any other garnish, and I was astonished when I found that the rather lovely gin in a beautiful glass in a really nice friendly pub in central London was actually a quid cheaper than in the IOM airport.  

But that new Jack White chap claims we can't prove any cases of overcharging for drinks here!

8 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The car park is shit. 

Check-in is shit.

Security is shit.

Departures is shit.

Refreshments are shit.

ATC is understaffed (is shit).

I think that's covered it. 

I went there today for my 25th vax, followed the signs and was surprised to see a large number of people with suitcases.  What on earth is going on? 

Take the signs down, guys.  Point me in the direction of an AIRPORT!

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Well I’ve just traveled & it’s £7 for a pint of lager at both Liverpool & Manchester airports plus £16 for burger & chips or £10 at burger king if you want to slum it so Iom no more expensive 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well I’ve just traveled & it’s £7 for a pint of lager at both Liverpool & Manchester airports plus £16 for burger & chips or £10 at burger king if you want to slum it so Iom no more expensive 

IOM airport last week. Two pints of Guinness, a large white wine and a coke. £15. I don't think it's particularly expensive here.

Zurich Airport last week? £25 for a Burger King meal, each.

12 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

the rather lovely gin in a beautiful glass in a really nice friendly pub in central London was actually a quid cheaper than in the IOM airport.

All airport bars are a) massively overpriced and b) shit. I don't know why anyone bothers tbh.

The Costa at the airport is alright though, and the markup is only 20p or so.

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

If you think things are bad at Ronaldsway car park then spare a thought for the people living close to Speke:

It's the same in Wythenshawe too. When airports charge insane drop off/pick up fees, everyone migrates to the nearest free alternative. Who knew.

I'll bet Ballasalla and Castletown will get it again too when the barriers are fixed and they're back to charging their eye-watering parking charges.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

If you think things are bad at Ronaldsway car park then spare a thought for the people living close to Speke: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/cars-dumped-outside-homes-near-23493172

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

Liverpool Airport blocked me on Twitter for daring to suggest they should change their strapping 'above us only sky' to 'We're here to bleed you dry.'

All UK airports are basically there to rinse you and make the experience as miserable as possible. 

I'm just about to leave Palma. 10 minutes through security rather than 40 minutes of faff at Manchester. The only advantage of Manchester is I can take the train almost door to door from Lytham with just one change.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Liverpool Airport blocked me on Twitter for daring to suggest they should change their strapping 'above us only sky' to 'We're here to bleed you dry.'

To be fair that's what the model for most UK airports (and indeed further afield) has been for at least 30 years.  Landing fees and hence the prices of flights are kept lower by charging ginormous rents for 'retail opportunities' who then pass that on to their customers.   Liverpool is just insultingly obvious about it by making you trek past every shop there, when you depart, until you end up about 10 yards from where you started.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair that's what the model for most UK airports (and indeed further afield) has been for at least 30 years.  Landing fees and hence the prices of flights are kept lower by charging ginormous rents for 'retail opportunities' who then pass that on to their customers.   Liverpool is just insultingly obvious about it by making you trek past every shop there, when you depart, until you end up about 10 yards from where you started.

Exactly the same at Gatwick you walk past every shop there too ! 

• Like 2