Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Something Terry Liddiard in his MA days alluded to on more than one occasion; the "extraordinarily high" fees charged by Ronaldsway. 

I have a lot of respect for Terry but he's spent a considerable amount of time blowing hot air wherever it has been needed and saying the right thing, but not actually being proactive to do anything about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, snowman said:

whats the point in something being alluded to

Better than saying nothing at all, if it is a matter of interest or concern?

The interesting point is that I've never heard anybody else, individual or operator allude or mention it since. He was the only one prepared to speak about it. Which makes one wonder why nobody else has publicly raised the issue?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

So the bumfight begins!

The best thing Loganair could do is drop the whole 'Scotlands Airline' thing. During COVID when they were vying for pots of cash from Quayle and Skelly, there was talk of putting Manx tartan designs on aircraft tails and so on. That would be lovely to see.

Screenshot_20220921_182350.jpg

Well at least they employ island based people which is more than any other airline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I had thought Cobb would be new cloth.

I have concerns when I read his first comments where top of the list was passenger numbers, the Reynolds playbook !

I would much rather him spoken at length about how he proposes to improve the lot of the current travelling public and make the most of the facilities we have. I sincerely hope we haven't employed another development devotee, rather than someone who wants to run what we have properly, in order to improve matters, thus attracting the necessity for further development !

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I have a lot of respect for Terry but he's spent a considerable amount of time blowing hot air wherever it has been needed and saying the right thing, but not actually being proactive to do anything about it.

And by contrast you have single handedly transformed the islands air services with your significant contribution? 

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/we-mustnt-oversubscribe-island-air-links/

But rather than praising the new routes, the Loganair Protection Society (IOM Gov) chooses to cast doubt over sustainability. Openskies, baby.

Manx Radio has somehow managed to lose the soundclip, so I'm not sure what was actually said.  But it looks more like he was actually signalling that they wouldn't automatically be throwing money at any old new route that was just duplicating (or nearly) existing services.

50 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Manx Radio has somehow managed to lose the soundclip, so I'm not sure what was actually said.  But it looks more like he was actually signalling that they wouldn't automatically be throwing money at any old new route that was just duplicating (or nearly) existing services.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/we-mustnt-oversubscribe-island-air-links/

But rather than praising the new routes, the Loganair Protection Society (IOM Gov) chooses to cast doubt over sustainability. Openskies, baby.

I heard the interview and I thought he made a lot of sense . If routes become saturated they quickly become unviable . I have consistently said London needs two operators one offering a low cost option with flights whenever( Gatwick )  the other a premium service and operator with a fixed regular schedule to a premium airport ( Heathrow or London City ).   Frankly I have no specific preference of airline but I think the balance of two is what is needed . The last thing we need is what happened last winter with EasyJet offering one service a day to Gatwick -that is a disaster! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, IOM said:

I heard the interview and I thought he made a lot of sense . If routes become saturated they quickly become unviable . I have consistently said London needs two operators one offering a low cost option with flights whenever( Gatwick )  the other a premium service and operator with a fixed regular schedule to a premium airport ( Heathrow or London City ).   Frankly I have no specific preference of airline but I think the balance of two is what is needed . The last thing we need is what happened last winter with EasyJet offering one service a day to Gatwick -that is a disaster! 

Totally agree. LHR or LCY with 3 rotations a day, early morning, midday and tea time/early evening.

Once Elizabeth Line runs direct through Paddington and new Bond Street station opens it’ll be step/gap free access from Heathrow to Soho. That’s a huge improvement. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Totally agree. LHR or LCY with 3 rotations a day, early morning, midday and tea time/early evening.

I'd rather see one of them 3x than the current split across two. Truth is the Heathrow timings aren't great for most trips I've needed. Last few times I've flown to City and lugged across to Heathrow, which isn't a bad trip on the trains.

I imagine Loganair will naturally want to hold their ground on Heathrow. But I'd sooner see them add a 3rd daily City, ditch Heathrow, and let Flybe crucify themselves on Heathrow. OR we work with Cityflyer for the overnight stopper often talked about in the past and encourage Loganair to open up new routes instead of City at start/end of day with the midday flight to LCY op by Loganair on the BA codeshare.

I still miss the Saab 2000.

Edited by NoTailT