Airport.

Billy kettlefish

51 minutes ago, Cypman said:

Chris Thomas talked around a lot of issues this morning, including aircraft safety on a number of occasions, I hope that is or does not become an issue.  Most of the current issues would appear be be related to inaction or poor planning in the past.  What we need immediately is action to resolve the problems and not endless management speak.

A lot of the issues can only be resolved by more money for staff, improvements etc however at same time health wants more money, education wants more, civil servants & teachers want inflation pay rises & the public want subsidy for heating, higher benefits etc.

Where is the money coming from as no one wants tax rises either?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

A lot of the issues can only be resolved by more money for staff, improvements etc however at same time health wants more money, education wants more, civil servants & teachers want inflation pay rises & the public want subsidy for heating, higher benefits etc.

Where is the money coming from as no one wants tax rises either?

What about the huge sum of money splashed out for Covid vaccination hub at the airport total waste of tax payers money and no visible sign of it now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

Exactly. I was surprised that Chris Thomas connected the 'resilience' issue to the development of a 'masterplan'. 

I would have thought that the 'masterplan' will be a medium term, aspirational document, covering routes, airline mix, passenger numbers, travel experience, operational effectiveness, financial performance, sustainable recruitment etc. 

Ensuring that the Airport has the 'resilience' to know whether, or not, it can open tomorrow, is a matter that needs resolving now, or at least within (say) 30/60 days. It shouldn't be getting tangled up with medium term planning. 

Spot on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

What about the huge sum of money splashed out for Covid vaccination hub at the airport total waste of tax payers money and no visible sign of it now.

Drop in the ocean compared to amounts required now eg £18m for health backlog 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asitis said:

We've had masterplan after masterplan, we've never had anyone capable of either realism or the ability to make things happen ! Long term aspirational bullshit will not sort the current shitshow !

A masterplan is no good unless you have a master. 

The money spent on the vax centre is a bit of a red herring for the airport, but highly indicative of government as a whole. 

• Thanks 5

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/airport-not-always-to-blame-for-issues/

Sloping shoulders brigade again.

I wish someone would ask that (person who cannot turn pancakes in a pan) Pugh why he's allowed 03 / 21 to be closed by inaction !

At least one London City has been lost by the closure of that runway !

FFS it's like Billy Smarts !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, asitis said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/airport-not-always-to-blame-for-issues/

I wish someone would ask that (person who cannot turn pancakes in a pan) Pugh why he's allowed 03 / 21 to be closed by inaction !

It rather pathetic really, a failing part of IOMG being given the oxygen of publicity, and a platform to try to deflect the blame. Yes, I am prepared to give the new airport director a chance, but I’m not prepared to listen to Chris Thomas and his excuses anymore. He is in charge - the buck stops with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, asitis said:

When and why did it close? I landed on 21 only 3 weeks ago

Edited by Capt_Mainwaring
Typo