Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Nothing wrong with the runway itself. Just yet another example of mismanagement. This time within ATC.

The NOTAM states:

Q)EGTT/QFALC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5405N00437W005
B)2210010515 C)2210312045 
E)RWY 03/21 CLOSED

Translation for the thickos please?

45 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

When and why did it close? I landed on 21 only 3 weeks ago

A very short précis of why it's closed........ " we have an issue it needs some paperwork to resolve ", " we haven't been arsed to do that for a long time" REGULATOR   " What have you done" ?     ................   "eff all"

Of course we've just spent millions on the vital resurfacing of 03 / 21 and we eff up the sourcing of the lights so it remained closed for a long time, now it's closed again !

Edited by asitis
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

It rather pathetic really, a failing part of IOMG being given the oxygen of publicity, and a platform to try to deflect the blame. Yes, I am prepared to give the new airport director a chance, but I’m not prepared to listen to Chris Thomas and his excuses anymore. He is in charge - the buck stops with him. 

I too want to give Mr Cobb a fair chance, but he let himself down badly in today's interview by trying to create a disconnect between the decision to tell airlines that the Airport 'might not open on time' on Monday and easyJet's decision to cancel their Liverpool flight. He just waffled on about the multitude of reasons why it might have been cancelled and ignored the fact that his team were quite clearly the sole cause of the problem, and that easyJet had said so, on their tracker. He's got into IOMG Teflon mode, really quickly.

• Like 2

Sadly, trained Air Traffic Control Officers are currently like rocking horse s..t, and it takes forever to train a new one from scratch.  Consequently, this problem is likely to be quite difficult to solve and may result in many more management speak briefings.

49 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except UTC+1/BST was never going to be “current” on 31/10

Just to clarify my post  for the non-aviators.

NOTAMS always show Zulu times.

Hence

2210010515 C)2210312045

means the 03/21 is closed from 05:15Z on 01/10/22 until 20:45Z on 31/10/22

Translated to local time (or BST) means that 03/21 is closed from 06:15 on 01/10/22 until 21:45 on 31/10/22

BUT, as we all know BST ends on Sunday 30 October. So the NOTAM time for that day will be Zulu.

21 minutes ago, dreamon said:
2210010515 C)2210312045

means the 03/21 is closed from 05:15Z on 01/10/22 until 20:45Z on 31/10/22

Translated to local time (or BST) means that 03/21 is closed from 06:15 on 01/10/22 until 21:45 on 31/10/22

BUT, as we all know BST ends on Sunday 30 October. So the NOTAM time for that day will be Zulu.

Yes, but local time on 31/10 was never going to be BST, which is why your 21.45 was wrong. You’re trying to overthink.