Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

That really is a shitfest of mentalness. 

Can anybody tell me, in plain English, what it is that Lina does, and how that will assist in getting people onto aircraft and away to their destinations ! I was only educated to A level standards so it is probable that this is way above my pay grade !

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

'Airport campus' FFS.

campus -> the grounds of a university

university -> a place where a large number of people walk around with their head in the clouds

But it seems that the North American definition of campus is "the grounds of a school, hospital, or other institution". So the airport is being run by people who think it smart to use Americanisms, because they think it sound cool.  Dude.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, asitis said:

Can anybody tell me, in plain English, what it is that Lina does

She is a content creator. She designs web pages. That is such a small job for the airport that it cannot be full-time employment.

The current web page design is dire, but her style of writing and the way she uses a shotgun to blast emotigrams into her text, things will only get worse. That style and use of emotigrams really is kid's level stuff.

Cobb seems to think she is significant by placing his seal of approval on LinkedIn. Cobb is another one who spends his day messaging on LinkedIn to mates telling them how wonderful they are in the desperate hope they will do the same for him.

Cynically, I would say that her "content creation" skills will be used in creating the timetables and consequent OTP statistics  (that's On Time Performance, if Cobb is reading this and doesn't know what it means).

The man is a loon and as stated he and civil servant responsible needs to be picking up his P45 (or manx equivalent) forthwith if not sooner. 8am monday would be appropriate. It may cost us a few shillings, but will save that on the shite that is not put into place by this incompetent chance'r.  

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

“I consider awareness to be my superpower” oh the irony. 

And....

“Seeing those little wins and feeling confident in measuring progress is one of my retainer system’s advantages”. 

I bet it is and the longer these "little wins" go on the better for her bank balance!

Well, if the new Airport Director has had a hand in this then he's been royally shagged and by extension so has the taxpayer. 

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ptarmigan said:

I don’t want to sound overly pessimistic but any hopes I had the new guy might sort out the airport are sinking. 

He's only been there less than four months, he's probably still at the stage where he's being nice to everyone because he doesn't know how powerful they are.

That said I have no idea what this woman is up to or on whose behalf.  Cabinet Office and PR or HR are the most likely suspects.  But it sounds dreadful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

As LinkedIn profiles go that one is very special. These are the exact sort of people who manage to get these sort of contracts though. Normally as some idiot who has no experience of out of the box thinking thinks this sort of seriously delusional executive sociopath will be good at out of the box thinking. 

TBH any thinking at the airport will be a first !

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

As LinkedIn profiles go that one is very special. These are the exact sort of people who manage to get these sort of contracts though. Normally as some idiot who has no experience of out of the box thinking thinks this sort of seriously delusional executive sociopath will be good at out of the box thinking. 

That's the trouble though.  For all I know this woman may be a perfectly competent photographer who is taking advantage of a rare opportunity where the Airport is not being used but is still not completely shut.  But she has to sell herself in this way so as to get commissions from the sort of bureaucratic airheads that like this sort of thing.  You get jobs, not by being competent but by flattering those employing you that they are "purpose-driven individuals and organisations" who need help to "bring their vision to life by showing what they do authentically and with charisma".

• Like 1

I forced myself into a second reading of The Message:

"One tiny imperfect action led to a Mega opportunity to partner with one of the main getaways (sic) to the island."

"They are ALL valid challenges I relay (sic) to, and I know that even the best performers (ed. have to) deal with them. "

"I help professionals get clear on how they want to be seen and constantly show them the result (sic) we are getting"

"Seeing those little wins and feeling confident in measuring progress is one of my retainer system's advantages." - what is a retainer system?

"Services include- Content Branding, Corporate Headshots, Event Photography & Videography, the Manufacturing Process of a Product, Short Product Demos, Bio Videos, Behind Scenes, Real Estate Photography and Videography, and, (sic) Design."

I was wrong about her being a web site developer - she places more emphasis on helping the client make video presentations - e.g. "Feeling nervous when recording a video or posing : And the scariest one, I hate how I look or sound on camera" are things she can fix.

I suppose Cobb is anticipating more interviews with Moulton - or maybe even the BBC. The previous deputy director did some tv stuff if I recall correctly. So is there a plan for "Airport - Part Deux"?

And not an emoticon to be seen anywhere.

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I was wrong about her being a web site developer - she places more emphasis on helping the client make video presentations - e.g. "Feeling nervous when recording a video or posing : And the scariest one, I hate how I look or sound on camera" are things she can fix.

I must admit I generally just ignore anyone with a LinkedIn profile like that. They’re all wankers. Then even if you just look at their profile they usually start spamming you with messages about how they can help get you more clients and spread your reach. When clearly they’re the ones with no bloody clients otherwise they wouldn’t need to be spamming you. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I forced myself into a second reading of The Message:

"One tiny imperfect action led to a Mega opportunity to partner with one of the main getaways (sic) to the island."

"They are ALL valid challenges I relay (sic) to, and I know that even the best performers (ed. have to) deal with them. "

"I help professionals get clear on how they want to be seen and constantly show them the result (sic) we are getting"

"Seeing those little wins and feeling confident in measuring progress is one of my retainer system's advantages." - what is a retainer system?

"Services include- Content Branding, Corporate Headshots, Event Photography & Videography, the Manufacturing Process of a Product, Short Product Demos, Bio Videos, Behind Scenes, Real Estate Photography and Videography, and, (sic) Design."

I suppose Cobb is anticipating more interviews with Moulton - or maybe even the BBC. The previous deputy director did some tv stuff if I recall correctly. So is there a plan for "Airport - Part Deux"?

And not an emoticon to be seen anywhere.

Perhaps she might tell him, next time you speak to Paul Moulton about take off and landing minima and bad weather, don't bullshit about something you know nothing about. It doesn't fill people with confidence !

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This is some sort of spoof. It has to be.

I know, how can one person so full of shite take in one person so devoid of intelligence. Sooner he is got rid of/fucks off the better, you would hope someone somewhere go's what the fuck. We all ready looked like a bunch clowns and this prick ai'nt helping, find out who is responsible and get him in the office. He hired him he can fire him, his six month trial period has found him  wanting and his services are no longer required. Heres six months pay don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out 👍

• Like 1