Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Give it to Peel Ports or someone like that

You mean so that they can run it to the ground and close it, as that company have done recently at  Doncaster Airport!

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=121685&sid=b934e891d13783273eb400de0be89b0b&start=270

Edited by dreamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

What might this "One tiny imperfect action" be? The reason she got emptied out of her last job? Or am I being cynical?

Mind, Ann Reynolds had a "tiny imperfect action" with a German Airport and it didn't stop her bullshitting her way into the job here and working similar "magic" on our facility...

Screenshot_20221127-210549_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

What might this "One tiny imperfect action" be? The reason she got emptied out of her last job? Or am I being cynical?

Mind, Ann Reynolds had a "tiny imperfect action" with a German Airport and it didn't stop her bullshitting her way into the job here and working similar "magic" on our facility...

I’m at a loss to why this Gary Cobb might “like” her posting.

I thought this  “ liking” business was something to do with the hope that you may be randomly chosen in some prize competition.

If he didn’t do it in the hope of winning something then to me his judgement is seriously flawed

21 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think you're misreading it.  I assume that the 'imperfect action' is the reason that led to airport having to be closed to flights today so that they could carry out the 'emergency exercise'.  The reason which the rest of us aren't allowed to know about, other than "it’s in accordance with conditions of its Aerodrome Licence".

Which suggests the Airport's running hadn't been in accordance before.  The exercise, which other airports manage without closure or indeed anything except a warning to the public not to be alarmed if they see anything unusual in the vicinity (which they do not call a 'campus') is clearly more than routine.

Anyway it gave her the chance to do whatever she's blathering about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoops said:

Us paying someone to make them look good while they cancel our flights 😐

It's all about 'the message', 'the signalling', when it should be about delivering a service.

The clear signalling is I think, don't you dare whistleblow and let the prolls know what a shit show this really is !

Edited by asitis
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Except that they're telling people on Facebook that the route isn't available to book beyond March 2023 yet as negotiations are still ongoing with the IOM Gov. If they were that committed to planning to operate it they wouldn't be seeing how much they can cream out of the Manx taxpayer.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Except that they're telling people on Facebook that the route isn't available to book beyond March 2023 yet as negotiations are still ongoing with the IOM Gov. If they were that committed to planning to operate it they wouldn't be seeing how much they can cream out of the Manx taxpayer.

If they were that committed to planning to operate it with a good profit,  they certainly would be seeing how much they can cream out of the Manx taxpayer.

• Like 1

If business demand is insufficient for it to operate without subsidy then I suggest questions are asked about the state of business on the isle of man and the fare prices.

If the government are going to pay airlines, they might as well give Ryanair a bucket of money. At least the fares would be cheaper and the passenger numbers would increase 

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3