Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

There’s are real issues with one aircraft and so many routes. Only one can be a red eye, any delay or tech leads to all being screwed, no resilience.

As for London, we should be able to support 3 - 5 a day to 2 airports. We’ve got to decide whether that’s LHR or LCY or LGW. It’s different markets. 

For London as a destination/business in London I prefer City. For onward cheap budget links I prefer Gatwick. If I was doing long haul onward connections it’s Heathrow. 

That being said for cheap budget onwards and London access Stansted is good, as is Luton with the new direct rail link.

I know I assess from a chair user point of view. LGW to Victoria is not the best, need staff member and ramps at each end. Stansted Liverpool Street is level and no gap and straight onto Elizabeth Line - which is the same. City is OK. Heathrow is hard work.

Have you tried LGW to Farringdon, Farringdon to Heathrow on Elizabeth line?

38 minutes ago, 360 View said:

Have you tried LGW to Farringdon, Farringdon to Heathrow on Elizabeth line?

LGW doesn’t have carriage platform level/ no gap facilities. Doesn’t matter where you go. 

I’ve avoided LHR because LoganAir are useless at wheelchair on or off boarding at large airports. Like Flybe used to be at Manchester. The ambulifts  don’t fit the planes. And LHR is a not pleasant in a chair.

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think training takes up to 3 years. If this is the solution the ATC problems are going to be around for a long time.

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/displayjob.aspx?jobid=15697&fbclid=IwAR0JlT0nzNg8pip4WJ-_koaLqH3WiyGkiUa_H6Mwhj9eciWwfjl6yB2HNGU

The working environment in the tower is so toxic at the moment you'd have to be mad to apply !

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think training takes up to 3 years. If this is the solution the ATC problems are going to be around for a long time.

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/displayjob.aspx?jobid=15697&fbclid=IwAR0JlT0nzNg8pip4WJ-_koaLqH3WiyGkiUa_H6Mwhj9eciWwfjl6yB2HNGU

And I'd suggest we need more than one trainee.

55 minutes ago, John Wright said:

As written by asitis The working environment in the tower is so toxic at the moment you'd have to be mad to apply !

As for hoping to appoint experienced controllers .... in your dreams!!! No one in their right mind would even consider applying.

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Actually using the two scanners maybe?.

Or not rejecting so many bags?.

More likely about to splurge long millions on new 3d scanners to scrap 100ml limit and leave liquids and electricals in carry-on during scanning. All UK airports have been told to install them by 2024 so whats the betting that we'll have to follow suit just like with the unnecessary runway extension etc etc

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VikingRaider said:

More likely about to splurge long millions on new 3d scanners to scrap 100ml limit and leave liquids and electricals in carry-on during scanning. All UK airports have been told to install them by 2024 so whats the betting that we'll have to follow suit just like with the unnecessary runway extension etc etc

Only major airports.

So you can guarantee the IOM will change 

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, VikingRaider said:

Nothing seem definite, except for Heathrow as far as I can see.  It looks to me like the sort of story the UK Gov feeds to the Times, so as they can reassure their readership that their latest niggle will be addressed.  And then nothing happens and everyone forgets anyway.

Not that that has ever prevented Ronaldsway splashing the cash.  But @Chris Thomas needs to stop believing every story about what the Airport 'has' to have, until they can prove it in writing (and even then I'd check).

• Like 2