Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I was coming home recently from LHR on the Loganair flight.  In the airside shopping area, IIRC, booze etc. displays were clearly labelled as being for international or UK purchase.  I know that we have a unique status and all that, but it isn't hard to work out which items to buy.

Yes. You are correct that there is an all passengers option at LHR and at LGW 

But LHR/ LGW etc have many flights connected with the rest of the UK /customs Union

LPL doesn't have that many as we noted earlier and most flights are leaving  the UK / customs area..

It is possible at LPL that an available to  all passengers option may not be viable due to very limited customers.

Just a theory and will check this out when I pass through LPL next week.

Edited by mad_manx

I passed through the Airport last Thursday when there was a direct flight to Finland. We were flying to Gatwick. At the adjacent checkin desk there was a near hysterical family group who were waiting for the last of their group to arrive for the Finland flight, which was already boarding. Suddenly the missing guy appeared and they were checked in.

About 15 minutes later, in the departure lounge, the security staff started wandering around looking for the owner of a black Audi PMN something. It turned out that the guy who was late, and was now sitting on the plane, had simply abandoned his car at the front of the terminal. 

Its imbeciles like this, not terrorists, who cause all these crazy rules, which then inconvenience everyone else. I hope they crushed it for him.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

I passed through the Airport last Thursday when there was a direct flight to Finland. We were flying to Gatwick. At the adjacent checkin desk there was a near hysterical family group who were waiting for the last of their group to arrive for the Finland flight, which was already boarding. Suddenly the missing guy appeared and they were checked in.

About 15 minutes later, in the departure lounge, the security staff started wandering around looking for the owner of a black Audi PMN something. It turned out that the guy who was late, and was now sitting on the plane, had simply abandoned his car at the front of the terminal. 

Its imbeciles like this, not terrorists, who cause all these crazy rules, which then inconvenience everyone else. I hope they crushed it for him.

What a knob!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snowman said:

Changes coming for drop off and pick up

I wouldn't complain if there was. I was there the other week waiting for a bus and counted at least three SUVs park up in the middle of the road and load up, so everyone behind had to wait. Can't have mumsy walking 30 yards to a safe parking spot. I normally avoid it by parking in the disc bays in the car park.

I always wondered how the single lane outside the entrance was going to cope with the projected 2.5 million passengers PA.

Security will be salivating with the opportunity to be utterly foul with customers, it's the way to grow a failing business apparently !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

Flybe Mk2 gone the same way as Mk1.

Genuinely sorry for the staff who have lost their employment.

However, it is proof that it is very difficult to polish a turd.

Didn’t last long, thankfully never came back here otherwise many would’ve been waiting for refunds 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Banker said:

Didn’t last long, thankfully never came back here otherwise many would’ve been waiting for refunds 

True. More evidence of why iomg should do what it can to get easyJet to expand, not buy into Aurigny, get Ryanair and Jet2 to operate 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, snowman said:

True. More evidence of why iomg should do what it can to get easyJet to expand, not buy into Aurigny, get Ryanair and Jet2 to operate 

Why not get Whizz flying here as well  am sure the islands population can support them too I am surprised you did not add to your list !