Airport.

Billy kettlefish

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

It clearly says at the car parks that if you need to stay longer then please extend on app or contact airport.

All this woman had to do was pick up the phone & explain position & pay to extend stay. Any airport across Uk would have removed car if it had been left for 6 months 

True, but there would be published t&cs.  I can't find any. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

All of these questions are the questions that need to be asked at the beginning of a project by the people instigating the project.

Wellll, not really. This is the age of copy-paste from someone else's work donated to the Webernet. This is (I assume) just one of many:

https://datascope.io/en/template/general/car-park-inspection?id=148112

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

It clearly says at the car parks that if you need to stay longer then please extend on app or contact airport.

All this woman had to do was pick up the phone & explain position & pay to extend stay. Any airport across Uk would have removed car if it had been left for 6 months 

Where though and more to the point did it say so when she left her car?  As Gladys says it still doesn't online, and you'd think that would be the easiest bit to alter.

Perhaps you should read the regulations. Its the Isle of Man Airport Parking Places (Amendment) Order 2022.

Its tricky to find. You need to google Isle of Man Airport parking regulations which is obviously difficult.

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Perhaps you should read the regulations. Its the Isle of Man Airport Parking Places (Amendment) Order 2022.

Its tricky to find. You need to google Isle of Man Airport parking regulations which is obviously difficult.

Perhaps you could just post it, smartypants.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/links/tls/SD/2022/2022-SD-0205.pdf

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/links/tls/SD/2012/2012-SD-0279.pdf 

If someone smarter than me could now point out where and how these documents enable the DOI to break into a taxed and insured vehicle and auction it off please. 

22 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

As has been said many times, those signs may very well not have been up when she left her car there. She left it before the Ringo scheme began. 

I think the Ringo nonsense started mid May 2022 so it's probably 9 months since she left it. Can you honestly think of any other third world airport where you would expect to park for 9 months and still be able to get your car back intact.? 

36 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

As has been said many times, those signs may very well not have been up when she left her car there. She left it before the Ringo scheme began. 

She was still stupid to do it and not consider the consequences. You don't need signs to impart common sense. There is no sign in Jacksons car park saying don't leave your old car here for 6 months or we will get rid of it, you kind of.........just know they would. Why should anyone assume they can leave (abandon) a car in any car park (other than their own), ignore all correspondence and not expect a consequence. I can't believe anyone is sticking up for her. Surely only a  halfwit would do this.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You don't need signs to impart common sense

If there is a legal requirement (as there probably is in this case) then signs are necessary. This is from the UK regulations, but I assume that the IoM has similar:

" 3.1 Signs

3.1.1 An entrance sign must be displayed and maintained at the entrance to controlled land to inform drivers as appropriate whether parking is permitted subject to terms and conditions, including payment, or is prohibited, unless:

a) the nature of the premises makes this unnecessary such that drivers would not reasonably assume parking was permissible; or

1. For example a small shop forecourt or a private driveway fronting a residential property.

b) where not practicable e.g. where local planning restrictions prohibit such signs.

2. For example, for heritage reasons.

3.1.2 The entrance sign must display:

a) the fact that terms and conditions apply to accessing/parking on the site;

"

On 3/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, Two-lane said:

https://twitter.com/IncompetenceIM

FFS - the gov., the DoI, making it to first place in a Google search again.

I suppose there will be a few "damage limitation" high-level meetings on Monday. A number of chocolate Bourbon biscuits will be consumed and the decision made to just ignore the plebs. After all - income £1400, less fine of £60, less a few man-hours, leaves plenty for chocolate biscuits and coffee.

So that's where all the feckin' Bourbons went from Tecso's.... the Bar Stewards!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

She was still stupid to do it and not consider the consequences. You don't need signs to impart common sense. There is no sign in Jacksons car park saying don't leave your old car here for 6 months or we will get rid of it, you kind of.........just know they would. Why should anyone assume they can leave (abandon) a car in any car park (other than their own), ignore all correspondence and not expect a consequence. I can't believe anyone is sticking up for her. Surely only a  halfwit would do this.

But Jacksons isn't specifically advertised as a long-stay carpark.  These are.  For all we know she may have done something similar before without consequences.  In particular the areas furthest from the Terminal weren't even used much before Covid.

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Well it's actually the 2012 Order which mainly applies, though I can't help noticing that the 2022 one didn't come into effect till 8 June, a couple of weeks after they announced to new system had (presumably illegally) started.  But what does also strike me from the 2012 one is that the maximum charge of £60 hasn't actually increased since then.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But Jacksons isn't specifically advertised as a long-stay carpark.  These are.  For all we know she may have done something similar before without consequences.  In particular the areas furthest from the Terminal weren't even used much before Covid.

Well it's actually the 2012 Order which mainly applies, though I can't help noticing that the 2022 one didn't come into effect till 8 June, a couple of weeks after they announced to new system had (presumably illegally) started.  But what does also strike me from the 2012 one is that the maximum charge of £60 hasn't actually increased since then.

Don't give them ideas.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I know what you are saying but...

We are splitting hairs. Like I said. Common sense has to be a factor. You would have to be a halfwit to think it was Ok. Who reads all the signs anyway. The world is going mad

At Jacksons there is a tarmac area that has marked spaces for cars. It looks like a car park but its not a car park. Well it is  a car park but it doesn't say its only for customers and it doesnt say its a long stay car park. You kind of get that don't you. Does it therefore need to have a sign saying "This is not a car park".

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sticking up for her. I haven’t given any opinion other than the DOI could have made forward plans for exactly this type of event. 

Understood👍

But why waste money on more signs? Why can't people use their gumption. I have no sympathy for her. Not one bit

Is she suing them. It would be interesting to see which way it went.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/links/tls/SD/2012/2012-SD-0279.pdf

"1) Members of the public may use a public car park, for parking vehicles of
such classes, in such positions, for such periods and during such hours as
are specified, subject to the following provisions of this Order."

It is not much use to the average person if the "hours as specified" are detailed in a document on a gov. web site and  not at the car park location.... Well, what we need is one of these app. things that monitors where you are and constantly informs you of the consequences of turning left or not.

[The last hire car I had was equipped with powered steering lane control, collision warning, warning if someone was joining the motorway ahead, speed limit sign recognition, automatic parking brake and many other things. But I could not find out how to turn the radio off.]

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

But why waste money on more signs? Why can't people use their gumption.

Why can't the DoI follows the rules? The small signs at the airport only mention RingGo - they do not mention other possible methods of payment, and they certainly do not show the charges applicable.

Someone can respond of they wish, but I'm not giving up. I've paid for the full half-hour argument.

• Haha 3