Airport.

Billy kettlefish

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Does it therefore need to have a sign saying "This is not a car park".

But the airport car park is a car park and so the regs should be available for the users to view, easily. By parking your car there then surely a contract exists? Whether the regs are sensible or not is another matter.

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But the airport car park is a car park and so the regs should be available for the users to view, easily. By parking your car there then surely a contract exists? Whether the regs are sensible or not is another matter.

I never said they were sensible. I am saying that anyone other than a halfwit or someone who was very clever and scheming, would know it wasn't right. What if you left the car there forever and the signs got changed. Do they empty the car park every time the sign changes. I would have though that if you were responsible you would check during your extended stay

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I never said they were sensible. I am saying that anyone other than a halfwit or someone who was very clever and scheming, would know it wasn't right. What if you left the car there forever and the signs got changed. Do they empty the car park every time the sign changes. I would have though that if you were responsible you would check during your extended stay

Exactly All she had to do was pick up a phone to airport & ask what she needed to do , she had 6 months to do it!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mikimoto said:

One hour after release, it's hard to get EZY return under 100 quid for Xmas

(with no bags, natch). Fri 29th Dec IOM-LGW already says "2 tickets left at 102" - one way!!

Any idea when Loganair come out?

At this moment, there are loads of flights on IOM-LGW and LGW-IOM, between 20th and 30th December, with seats for £35-45, giving numerous round trip options for around £80.

But if you want to travel on specific days/flights, you may have to pay more. That is life.

Loganair to London start at £73, one way. Will they even be flying to London by Xmas. I wouldn't be hanging on for them!!

1 hour ago, Mikimoto said:

(with no bags, natch). Fri 29th Dec IOM-LGW already says "2 tickets left at 102" - one way!!

Will the islands airport still be open by Xmas 2023?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

At this moment, there are loads of flights on IOM-LGW and LGW-IOM, between 20th and 30th December, with seats for £35-45, giving numerous round trip options for around £80.

But if you want to travel on specific days/flights, you may have to pay more. That is life.

Loganair to London start at £73, one way. Will they even be flying to London by Xmas. I wouldn't be hanging on for them!!

Another option is flexi fares ( they haven't released them for Dec 2023 yet )

Sometimes it can be cheaper than a standard fare if you are travelling with luggage 

(Buy and change dates to the more expensive date) 

Used to have a 3 week window before but now they have reduced to one day . So it's not as great as it used to be 

But it still  sometimes  works out cheaper at peak periods if you are flying with luggage. 

I also get to annoy people by using the speedy boarding  which comes with flexi fares 😉 + fast bag drop + snack/drink on board 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

Okay, I am a betting man, I will wager £500.00 to a Ukrainian charity on the bet of:-

The IOM airport will not be open on Christmas Day 2023.

I am serious.

Of course it won't be open on Christmas Day. It never is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikimoto said:

what time did you try and book easyjet ?

Can anyone guess who's Linked-In this is:-

An inspirational, enthusiastic, results driven leader with proven experience in different manufacturing industries. With the ability to create a culture for performance improvement, to manage change and to consistently meet and exceed challenging project, business and financial targets. Who can lead high performing teams to maximise asset use, develop meaningful measures of performance and deliver products and services designed to meet the needs of customers. With valuable experience of leading business transformation programmes within large multi-site, multi-national organisations.

Specialities
- Operations management
- Health and Safety Management
- Change management
- Continuous performance improvement
- Analytical and root cause problem solving
- Managing & developing multi-disciplined teams
- Communication and influencing ability
- Setting and meeting challenging KPIs

Yesterday, in a different thread I mentioned IOMG's skill in filling senior roles with chancers, who have fancy CV's but little record of real achievement

When you look at the mess that the website and Arrivals and Departure information has been today, it's hard to believe that a single word of this is actually true.

• Like 2