Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

On the IOM Gov jobs website there are 3 or 4 jobs, I cant remember exactlt, that pay seriously big money, approx. £300K between them, that seem to be new positions?

Mr Cobb has assimilated quickly with their Empire building it would seem.

I cant be arsed to post them, but they stand out as a lot of money for not a lot of work with a dozen flights a day to look after?

(Replying to this on the relevant thread before it gets lost in tomorrow's snow pictures)

This is presumably referring to a comment from @2112 which said:

It seems that Ronaldsway Airport is on a major recruitment drive, in particular Managers, Head of Passenger Operations, Commercial Director, Operations Director.

At least one isn't a new position -  Operations Director/Deputy Airport Director was the job Spake had (though not it appears  the qualifications) and the fact that the position was vacant for a year after Spake went shows just out of control the Airport has been (the Head of Safety is also interim for example).

The Head of Passenger Operations and the  Commercial Director appear to be new[1] and are I suspect linked with this fantasy of an 'arms-length' operation, following such tremendous successes as Manx Care and the MEA.  Both strike me as completely useless for such a small airport with a passenger base that spends very little time there.

[1]  All the jobs have disappeared from the Government website, but those two have been mirrored by recruitment agencies.

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Can anyone guess who's Linked-In this is:-

An inspirational, enthusiastic, results driven leader with proven experience in different manufacturing industries. With the ability to create a culture for performance improvement, to manage change and to consistently meet and exceed challenging project, business and financial targets. Who can lead high performing teams to maximise asset use, develop meaningful measures of performance and deliver products and services designed to meet the needs of customers. With valuable experience of leading business transformation programmes within large multi-site, multi-national organisations.

Specialities
- Operations management
- Health and Safety Management
- Change management
- Continuous performance improvement
- Analytical and root cause problem solving
- Managing & developing multi-disciplined teams
- Communication and influencing ability
- Setting and meeting challenging KPIs

Yesterday, in a different thread I mentioned IOMG's skill in filling senior roles with chancers, who have fancy CV's but little record of real achievement

When you look at the mess that the website and Arrivals and Departure information has been today, it's hard to believe that a single word of this is actually true.

I'll go for Cobb ! thinking about it, it reads like any of the bullshit driven chancers we have employed in costly senior roles over many years !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Manufacturing?

Well he seems to know eff all about airports ! ( I've just looked, it is he !)

He was deeply involved in this, in fact I believe was criticised as an unreliable witness at the enquiry !

McArthur said: “For years, HIAL and SNP ministers insisted that centralisation was the only option for modernising air traffic services across the Highlands and Islands. That was never the case and finally the government and HIAL have been forced to come clean.

“Confirmation by the minister that the ‘remote tower’ procurement has been cancelled is welcome.

“It comes, however, only after millions in public funds have been spent on an ill-conceived vanity project opposed across parties and the communities most directly affected.

My underline, he'll be right at home here !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2023 at 8:15 PM, Nellie said:

Can anyone guess who's Linked-In this is:-

An inspirational, enthusiastic, results driven leader with proven experience in different manufacturing industries. With the ability to create a culture for performance improvement, to manage change and to consistently meet and exceed challenging project, business and financial targets. Who can lead high performing teams to maximise asset use, develop meaningful measures of performance and deliver products and services designed to meet the needs of customers. With valuable experience of leading business transformation programmes within large multi-site, multi-national organisations.

Specialities
- Operations management
- Health and Safety Management
- Change management
- Continuous performance improvement
- Analytical and root cause problem solving
- Managing & developing multi-disciplined teams
- Communication and influencing ability
- Setting and meeting challenging KPIs

Yesterday, in a different thread I mentioned IOMG's skill in filling senior roles with chancers, who have fancy CV's but little record of real achievement

When you look at the mess that the website and Arrivals and Departure information has been today, it's hard to believe that a single word of this is actually true.

After perusing this one can only assume he has been talking to St David, the man who steered us true through the covid crises (my apologies to any one who suffered a loss, and thinking I am making light of the situation).

For he seems to have a touch of the Walter Mitty's not unlike our revered MHK. One wonders if they ever met before his appointment?   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

After perusing this one can only assume he has been talking to St David, the man who steered us true through the covid crises (my apologies to any one who suffered a loss, and thinking I am making light of the situation).

For he seems to have a touch of the Walter Mitty's not unlike our revered MHK. One wonders if they ever met before his appointment?   

There seems to be a lot of them about, and the list is growing all over the world. 

• Like 2