Airport.

Billy kettlefish

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Gatwick in....clearly bigger balls 😂

Waiting to hear the next suggestion is parachutes passengers and one of those big nets they use to catch human cannonballs for the luggage. Though I would feel sorry for the chap in the luggage hold who has to ride there the whole journey.

It does explain why flights are so expensive here, you need to allow for the price of all that extra fuel lapping the airfield

Flight crew mentioned it was a hairy landing. 

It’s days like this that I always plan an extra day for when travelling abroad. I shouldn’t have to and would much rather hop on the next flight in Gatwick straight away but you just cant trust Ronaldsway to have their shit together. Or whatever airline happens to have pity with us this month. Growing population to 100k? My arse. Start getting the basics right first. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Love you too darling. Maybe next time you’d like to stand? 

on the plus side  , you'd didn't have to imagine what it would be like with BDC running the place in the end , it turned out as expected.

8 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Or will it be a  method of giving up any responsibility like what's happened with Manx Care ? 

It will be the typical IOMG act of when it all gets too fucked rather than emptying out those who fucked it up, they then have to hand it over to an arms length entity as it’s now so fucked that nobody wants career-limiting political responsibility for it. A much better strategy would be for them to not fuck it up in the first place, or when they have totally fucked it up sack those who have fucked it up and start again.

I still don’t know why the DOI even exists anymore. It’s fucked up almost everything it’s touched for years now. They couldn’t even run a tap nevermind an airport, a port, a road network or anything else. It’s basically ground zero for gross public sector incompetence and malfeasance in public office. 

Edited by SuperHans
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1