Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Didn't the Air Alsie ATR make a fuelstop in the UK? I'm pretty sure we stopped at Humberside when we did that flight a few yrs back.

I wouldn’t know. I went on a 737 a few years ago from Ronaldsway to Majorca with Freedom Travel, which was direct, and it was 20 kg allowance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Welcome news about the Fly Direct Tenerife flights. It will almost certainly still be cheaper to go via the UK or Dublin, but if you've got the extra cash to afford it then good luck to you

When you factor in the overnight stays in the UK and flights to get there, hardly anything in it plus its so convenient from here, direct flights win everytime

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Welcome news about the Fly Direct Tenerife flights. It will almost certainly still be cheaper to go via the UK or Dublin, but if you've got the extra cash to afford it then good luck to you

Most people I know who have used the direct flights are in the older category and happy to pay a premium not to have to transit through busy UK airports and walk for miles and all that hassle. There is definitely a market and it’s not directly cost centric. 

2 hours ago, snowman said:

A hell of a lot quicker to fly direct, though, especially as you go through passport control at Ronaldsway and not in a queue of 3000 people at Manchester or Gatwick.

2 hours ago, snowman said:

People who use aren’t bothered about extra costs it’s all about convenience & as many say by the time you factor in extra hotels each way, meals , taxis drinks etc it’s probably not much cheaper 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Who are these 'many'?

Can you name them?

Or give a figure?

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Me, for one! :P

I can see the advantages, no stopover or rushed connection.

However, the dread of being on hols and running into other Manxies, predicates against. I’d have to be on my best behaviour. And there’d be bound to be a “soon to be ex” client wanting free advice.

And whilst Mrs Andy is lovely, would you want to meet up with Andy Onchan whilst on holiday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I can see the advantages, no stopover or rushed connection.

However, the dread of being on hols and running into other Manxies, predicates against. I’d have to be on my best behaviour. And there’d be bound to be a “soon to be ex” client wanting free advice.

And whilst Mrs Andy is lovely, would you want to meet up with Andy Onchan whilst on holiday?

Hey you! Stop casting nasturtiums on my character!

12 hours ago, snowman said:

It’s also departing and arriving to and from the island in easy daytime hours. These flights even with Jet2 the flights are in normal daytime. During the summer, the returning flight lands at Manchester at stupid o’clock.